can rogaine help propecia maintain?

jsmith19

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a diffuse thinner, and have been taking propecia for about 5 months now. It has helped to slow the progression of male pattern baldness, but it is still gradually thinning. My question is, can minoxidil help to further slow down or stop the progression of my male pattern baldness? thanks.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes minoxidil can help thicken up your hair and provide a positive offset to your hair density. It won't necessarily slow the balding process, but hopefully finasteride will do that for you. You may also want to consider adding a copper peptide solution as well.

One thing I have to say is that in 5 months you cannot really tell how well finasteride is working for you. You may find that after another 5 months you are above baseline and really didn't need to add minoxidil.

jsmith19

Reaction score
So rogaine can thicken what is there, but wont help to keep it there? If I add a copper peptide solution, how often should I apply it and how long after i apply minoxidil should i put it on? What has your experience on finasteride been? Did you get results after 5 months? Thanks