Can finasteride destroy your looks?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even though the official line from "experts", doctors ect is that finasteride is unlikely to do anything negative to your face I don't think this is something you can flippantly dismiss. When I Googled this the first thing that struck me was that very few studies have actually been done on this "side". Even some of the experts agree that more studies need to be done. Secondly ther's just too many people saying that finasteride destroyed their skin and/or facial bone structure to ignore and I know what you're thinking; Yes, a lot of these could just be insecure & paranoid people imagining things that arn't even there. Yes, even if their appearance had changed there could a number of other factors causing this (stress, insomnia, diet ect). Her's the thing though - I've also seen another forum similar to this where people posted before and after photos where the person has developed more pronounced wrinkles, bad skin, black rings/bags under the eyes, less pronounced jaw lines and cheek bones all in a matter of just a few months. I've got to admit that this made my blood run cold because looking at these pictures ther's no way it was natural ageing in the short time between the photos.

My conclusion about all of this is that the possibility finasteride can age you is real but the % of people who have genuinely been affected by this is unknown. Who knows, it could be a very small % off finasteride users but that doesn't mean it's not a real side. Remember though, this is just my opinion based on what I've read and seen. I'd also like to know if anyone here has suffered from this.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Even though the official line from "experts", doctors ect is that finasteride is unlikely to do anything negative to your face I don't think this is something you can flippantly dismiss. When I Googled this the first thing that struck me was that very few studies have actually been done on this "side". Even some of the experts agree that more studies need to be done. Secondly ther's just too many people saying that finasteride destroyed their skin and/or facial bone structure to ignore and I know what you're thinking; Yes, a lot of these could just be insecure & paranoid people imagining things that arn't even there. Yes, even if their appearance had changed there could a number of other factors causing this (stress, insomnia, diet ect). Her's the thing though - I've also seen another forum similar to this where people posted before and after photos where the person has developed more pronounced wrinkles, bad skin, black rings/bags under the eyes, less pronounced jaw lines and cheek bones all in a matter of just a few months. I've got to admit that this made my blood run cold because looking at these pictures ther's no way it was natural ageing in the short time between the photos.

My conclusion about all of this is that the possibility finasteride can age you is real but the % of people who have genuinely been affected by this is unknown. Who knows, it could be a very small % off finasteride users but that doesn't mean it's not a real side. Remember though, this is just my opinion based on what I've read and seen. I'd also like to know if anyone here has suffered from this.

I won't lie the whole water retention thing in the face makes sense due to elevated Estro. But to say finasteride ages you is completely wrong. DHT actually ages you (hair loss, oily skin, prostate problems) all the effects of DHT point to why we age so much quicker than woman. Also the fact that my skin on my face has never been so smooth and clear has to be due to the increase in Estro... Before finasteride my face was always kinda oily/shiney and I always had a pimple here and there. That changed right away on finasteride.

I'd say the only change you'd have to worry about is the whole water retention thing. But I've been eating right lately and actually still get jaw line compliments.

Be careful what you read online man **** is deceiving

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Type "how finasteride destroyed my skin" into Google. The top result is me.

Hand lotion and toilet paper on your computer desk is the main thing i noticed

zoeijf.png

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
propecia doesnt age you however i am 100 % convinced that rogaine ages me ( dark circle , wrinkles)

mecevik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know exactly but dutasteride may have such side because it inhibits both types of DHT. One of them is related with aging.

I had saw this in another forum. So, I don't know whether this is true or not.