Can everyone post what they are on the Norwood scale here?

G

please.

Personally, I'm a bit fed up with listening to all the these failure stories from people who don't post what they are on the NWS. it gives people a distorted picture of what is actually going on.

For example, if Dick posted that - "AFTER 6 MONTHS PROPECIA HAS DONE NOTHING FOR MY HAIR!!!!!!" and fails to post how much hair he had to begin with, which ended up being a norwood 5, it gives us browsers no confidence at all, because we think he was a 2 or 3 to start with.

So can you all post what you currently are on the norwood scale here please?

If not here, can admin put a sticky thread for regulars to post their what they are so we don't have to keep looking.

Sorry to moan, but it's a bugger!

:freaked2:

I'm 2.5, almost a 3.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
.5 if even that

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Being a diffuse thinner with a surgically repaired hairline, it's difficult to guage. If I had gone au natural, I'd estimate myself to be a 3V, but with the treatments, I'm a 1-1.5 with overall diffuse thinning.

jerry grant

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
2-3 but i think propecia helping, my month 4 pictures will be posted the beginning(1-7) of august

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Er. Let's see. I think I was a Norwood 4 or so when I started taking Propecia. Propecia improved my hairline to a Norwood 1.5 or 2 I think. And my hair in the back got a LOT better. So, I'd say I went from a Norwood 4 to a Norwood 2V (but with some frontal thinning - not noticable though if I grew my hair out). Now I'm a Norwood 2.5V, but with a lot more thinning. For those of you not in the know, I discontinued Propecia about 8 or 9 months ago. Currently dealing with MAJOR sexual dysfunction. Grrr. I hate life.

Stingray

Reaction score
NW9

But fer seriousness. Like a 1 or something. Slight recession and thin in the back. Not bad, but enough to make me skiddish.

Define a 'failure' though... Who's to say what you would have looked like the day you cried failure if you DIDN'T start. Even slowing hairloss is a success story.

unknown

Reaction score
don't really know where i would fall on the Norwood scale. i have lost alot of hair where i parted my hair in the middle and my hairline has receded yet i still have some thick hairs left on the hairline. i lose hair from my sides and back and even from my sideburns. i guess i am in the "norwood you are sh*t out of luck" category or something :evil:

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Norwood 1 I suppose, temple recession getting thinner all over the top though.

Propecia fucked me up sexually pretty bad as well =P

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
hard to say exactly for me because I had a bigass forhead before I ever started thinning and a naturally high hairline.

I could probably qualify as a nw2 holding stable at present. Mild vertex loss but still have enough hair to conceal it.

lovely711

Reaction score
Norwood 3. Propecia improved it to NW1.5, but had to discontinue it due to sexual side effects. Now back to Norwood 3 once again. 3 weeks back performed a 1500graft hair transplant from H&W. Waiting to see some results, I hope that would bring myself down to NW1.5

speedy

Reaction score
Norwood 1 -2 with diffusive thinning :rockon:

Gumbo boy

Reaction score
I am a Norwood 12. My hair actually grows in reverse, into my head.

G

NW2 on Propecia for a few years. On top of that, started thining all over 6 months ago. Although I never find many hairs. Strange. Years ago, before I started Propecia, I had hairs clogging my shower drain.