Calling minoxidil responders.

SE-freak

Reaction score
I have started noticing something strange and I wanted to know how things happened to you.

My right temple is a tad more receeded than my left, though one month on minoxidil my left seems to be responding better than my right. Vellus over there have darkened though on the right side nothing seems to be happening. It's a bit funny cause my left temple is almost perfect though it is the one to respond.

Anyone experienced early regrowth on areas hit less by male pattern baldness while the rest lagged behind?

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
I have started noticing something strange and I wanted to know how things happened to you.

My right temple is a tad more receeded than my left, though one month on minoxidil my left seems to be responding better than my right. Vellus over there have darkened though on the right side nothing seems to be happening. It's a bit funny cause my left temple is almost perfect though it is the one to respond.

Anyone experienced early regrowth on areas hit less by male pattern baldness while the rest lagged behind?

I have the assymetiric temple recession. I think is more due to uneven distribution of the minoxidil. I go from left to right, because I part my hair on the left. My left is more recessed than my right. I also thought I saw thickening. But then I realized that this is because my hairline and temples are moving backwards -- towards where I have more hair.

SE-freak

Reaction score
weepy,

no this is not what I am talking about. I personally hate overenthusiastic testimonials of doubtfull progress. This is not recession. I can clearly see a group of vellus getting pigmented and that is on my left temple. Nothing dramatic.

(I take great care in hitting every area with minoxidil and I have buzzed hair. So this is not due to uneven distribution).

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me, I figured that it was because the side with less recession wasn't so DHT sensitive and therefore could respond better.

I had a few months of improved hair growth, but now it seems its stalled.

Still happy with what I have, but I was in the same situation, right is still definately weaker and less little hairs are sprouting.

I know its been said a million times before, but take two closeup photos now of your tempal, and measuer with a ruler the closest hair to your eyebrow, and then check back in 2 or 3 months.

Sounds silly but works.

SE-freak

Reaction score
hellohello said:
I know its been said a million times before, but take two closeup photos now of your tempal, and measuer with a ruler the closest hair to your eyebrow, and then check back in 2 or 3 months.

Sounds silly but works.

Great advice. thank you.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
weepy,

no this is not what I am talking about. I personally hate overenthusiastic testimonials of doubtfull progress. This is not recession. I can clearly see a group of vellus getting pigmented and that is on my left temple. Nothing dramatic.

(I take great care in hitting every area with minoxidil and I have buzzed hair. So this is not due to uneven distribution).

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you sounded overenthusiastic; actually I was expressing my own depression.

I am enthused for you, though! :)

SE-freak

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you suggested that I sounded overenthusiastic. :shock:

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:

I experienced regowth on my right temple where I had the most recession. But on my left I havent seen much and I have only been using it for near a month. Is that enough time to see some results?

SE-freak

Reaction score
1 month is usually too early but I have spotted some changes too.

An extra question for those of you that have had great results on minoxidil: Did you notice an initial shed?

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
An extra question for those of you that have had great results on minoxidil: Did you notice an initial shed?

I have had some good success with minoxidil in general, and I can definitely say that there is preceding shed before regrowth. I found for me though that this subsided within a few weeks. So hopefully it will for you too. Good luck.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
87david said:

I have had some good success with minoxidil in general, and I can definitely say that there is preceding shed before regrowth. I found for me though that this subsided within a few weeks. So hopefully it will for you too. Good luck.

What areas have responded? Has your front responded?

87david

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes, most definitely. However, unfortunately I never got on the big3 as many people say time and time again here (and for good reason). If I did, I'm sure I would have had better success with my temples. I maintained what I had, and even regrowing some in the process, since I first started losing my hair several years ago. If you're on finasteride, I think you expect better success than I ever did. Good luck to you.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
87david said:

Yes, most definitely. However, unfortunately I never got on the big3 as many people say time and time again here (and for good reason). If I did, I'm sure I would have had better success with my temples. I maintained what I had, and even regrowing some in the process, since I first started losing my hair several years ago. If you're on finasteride, I think you expect better success than I ever did. Good luck to you.

Was your front shed a disaster before it got better?

God, I feel like shooting myself in the head.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Was your front shed a disaster before it got better?

No, not at all. Well, at least I didn't think so. But of course some people differ in their perceptions, and my temples have definitely receded (even on Rogaine), so maybe some of the more discriminating users among us might have indeed called my front a disaster :) I really do care about my hair of course, but I simply used Rogaine for maintainence when I first started losing my hair; I did experience regrowth, however. On a side note, it was just yesterday that I decided to try Proscar. And four weeks ago I got onto multiple supplements and started exercising again to help my hair and general health.

Weepy, do you really think your front is really that bad? What do you think the problem is? I can't answer all your questions with certainty, but hopefully other will chime in and help ya.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Weepy:

I think that what matters in the extent of the initial shed, is the damaged area and the extent of damage. If your front was being severely hit by dht, then I believe that a visualy perceptible shed(aka disaster) would be normal.

You say that you have been losing hair from the back and sides too, which troubles me.