Caboki - Side Effects - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by MrB, Feb 21, 2013.

1. MrB

MrB New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Guys,

I have used several times Caboki. For 1 week was really the longest in one stretch. Does it work ... (Use also hair spray to make it stick)..? Absolutely BUT

Here are side effects I have had:
    -Acid Reflux
    -Strange pain in right lung area
    - cough

Have you had that? Is there other stuff that doesn't have these side effects?

Thanks!
    MrB

2. Quantum Cat

Quantum Cat Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's supposed to go on your hair, not in your mouth

doublebatman likes this.
  3. rudimentary

rudimentary Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello.

I have never heard of anyone, ever, getting side effects from Caboki. The suggestion that your symptoms come from fibers your put on your hair is kind of laughable, to be honest.

As Quantum Cat said, are you eating it? This is most likely a case of you getting sick, not knowing why, and blaming it on that product.

Go to a doctor, the symptoms you are describing could be from something serious, but it'd definitely not from this product.

4. MrB

MrB New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,

I understand that this sounds weird. And NO, doesn't go in my mouth! Since this is made of fibers made of plants it is possible that there is some type of allergies associated and there is always a chance that you inhale some of these fibers... Anyways, will not continue using it.

Thanks anyway..

5. 777

777 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have also had these exact side effects and a rash on my head, I stopped using it right away, Dermmatch is much better and safe because its more cosmetic based rather than medicinal

6. FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Now even the concealers will kill you it seems. Is there anything we can do for our hair that is isn't dangerous to you fear-mongers?

7. saintsfan92344

Dislikes Received:
    Fred he just state problems he had. U post in every thread when someone has problems on something. Side effects do exhist. I cant take fin i get sides right away, minox gives me the black undereye circles si i have 2 do it everyother day. Now u have 2 guys with the same reaction, it happens and its nice u r not alone.

8. FredTheBelgian

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Then just shave your head, what do you want me to tell you? Of course there are side-effects, always, with every solution.

My advice would be to suck it up. Do you think I'm pleased to be a slave of minoxidil for the rest of my life? I've accepted this downside.

9. GoldenMane

GoldenMane Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This. Unless you are snorting the stuff, there should be absolutely no reason why keratin fibers in your hair could give you a cough, acid reflux or a sore lung! Hair gel is more likely to give you acid reflux than Caboki!

Hypochondriacs.

10. FredTheBelgian

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can't wait for the wig side-effects threads.

11. johneuropa

johneuropa Member

Dislikes Received:
  12. saintsfan92344

Dislikes Received:
    +1

13. pcysmith

pcysmith New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I found this forum because I was looking for anyone who felt there were side affects with Caboki. I have been using it for about 8 months because it does what it says and covers areas where my hair is thin. But, some times when I blow my nose, I can see a black residue that I finally realized was from the Caboki. So the original poster has a legitimate concern if he is feeling lung pain. Also, the thin areas of my hair are larger than when I first started using it. And before polar bear starts jumping all over me, I am a woman, not a man and I don't have pattern baldness, just thin hair. I wonder if anyone else has seen the same thing?

14. Mewmy

Mewmy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dear pcysmith, I have been using caboki for last 8 months too and I do agree with you that I see black residue when I blow my nose too. Caboki is great in covering hair loss. However, since 4 months ago, I started having allergic conjunctivitis followed by sinusitis and sometimes dry hacking cough. Caboki allergy came to mind so I stopped using caboki for 2 weeks earlier this month and my allergy stopped. When I started using it again 3 days ago, my conjunctivitis returned and now I am having sinusitis. Now, I am perplexed as no hair loss treatment worked on me before and caaboki was best in coverage.

#14 Mewmy, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015