Buzz cut with thinning hair... Good product to darken scalp?

maximumsport

Reaction score
So I have thinning hair on the top but it's not too bad I still have a hairline just when I buzz cut it with a #2 you can see my scalp under lighting. I was looking for a product to darken my scalp since I have dark brown/black hair. I've tried Toppik which works ok the only thing is it's super messy and pain to evenly get around my head.. Is there a good spray to use??

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a similar-ish problem. I'm growing my hair out right now from shaved and have thinning patches mostly at the back of my head.
I'm going to try dermmatch - have you considered that? It comes with a brush type thing that is probably easier to use on the back of your head than toppik.

maximumsport

Reaction score
hiya said:
I've got a similar-ish problem. I'm growing my hair out right now from shaved and have thinning patches mostly at the back of my head.
I'm going to try dermmatch - have you considered that? It comes with a brush type thing that is probably easier to use on the back of your head than toppik.

Ya, I've been reading about Dermmatch I think I'll try it also, only if there were a local store that sold it...

sterling9000

Reaction score
If you want to try a spray Top Coverage is really good for only $15 and change from Folica. You might also try the colored hair spray at Sally Beauty Supply (cant remember what it's called) if you want something local. It's cheap and works but it rubs off pretty bad compared to the top coverage.

If your hair is still fairly thick I think Couvre might be the ticket for you as you can apply it much more discretely than the spray which is just going to cover large areas including your existing hair.

On the fibers I really love 20 Second Hair. I have very diffuse thin hair and wear a buzz type cut about 3/4" long and it looks very natural for me.