burning scalp with intense itching

janet

Reaction score
i am a healthy 40 yr old woman who has been trying to find a cure for my scalp condition. I have been to numerous dermatologists who havent helped me. My hair began to fall out aprox. 7 years ago and began to develope pain and redness on my scalp..to the degree that it hurt when i put it in a ponytail. Now it itches very badly. has anybody experienced this?? and found a cure? please help im desperate. thanks. j

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Burning scalp

Janet:

I too had a burning, inflamed icky scalp last fall. Have any of your doctors suggested LIDEX (fluocinoide USP 0.05%). It comes in lotion, gel and cream form. It is a prescription drug. I don't really know what happened to my scalp, but at least it is much improved now.

It also caused quite of bit of hair to fall out, in certain areas on top and side! It didn't happen right away, and I waited too long to get medical attention.

It worked very well for me. I used it daily for awhile at night. No, I use it occasionally, esp. when Folligen or other hair products with alcohol irritate my skin.

Also, there is a product called ELIDEL that for itching and also helps the skin's immune system. I often massage a little of that in the a.m. when my scalp is feeling kinda iffy.

Good luck!!

janet

Reaction score
thanks for the information..i will ask my dermatologist about the meds. had your hair grown back??

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
No, my hair hasn't grown back yet. But, on the other hand, it was shedding badly before I began using Folligen spray.

After a month, the shedding is almost gone, and I shed less than I have in years. It is now five weeks, but I guess that is too soon to see regowth. And the good news is, the hair loss isn't getting worse.

Let me know if the meds work for you.

janet

Reaction score
im glad to here you found some help. i will let you know what happens, thank you for your input.

G

Has anyone EVER looked at a German hairloss site ??
They seem to try and get to the root of the problem and seem to have quite good success without all the 'pill popping'.
Interesting to see the difference in approach !!
Kind regards,
Hans

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hans,
It's good to have your input. You're right, Americans seem to want to pop a pill and have miracle results. And few doctors treat the whole body, and of those that do, medical insurance doens't cover; they are not "traditional".

So, since I don't know German, are any of these sites in English, and could you provide one or two.

marie joe

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
MrT said:
Hans is simply here to sell something from his web site[/url]
Nice website. I swear. There are so many psycho's in this world. Thanks for catching this Mr T.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Tsk, tsk, MrTelogen!!

In response to some of your earlier messages RE: Hans, I have to say other cultures/experiences are not necessarily bad. Other countries have different approaches to how to treat various conditions--some of them much better than our pharmaceutical approach to health. Having the blessing of the FDA doesn't make something good for humans! :?
P.S. Now Derrike Cope telling us about the wonders of Avacor...now that would be spamming. :roll:

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Look at the guys site! He wants your money! Just because a substance is in a pill form or is man made does not make it bad.I use supplements as well and am considered by many people that know me to be a health food nut.That does not make me blind to the reality that in order to stop male pattern baldness in males you must stop the DHT.Hans looks fine with hairloss. Look at his pic.He is not going to tell me that the fuzzy hairs on top are from his spiritual BS or anything else that he is selling.He is spamming this site.He posts everything three times.He is taking advantage of people who are hurting and desperate.

"Believe this now, and believe this later" but buy my stuff :roll:

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
Hans go blow yourself and take your triple-posting plum cheeks with you

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, senior posters, I guess double and triple posting is weird. A guy with his own website is not likely to do this in error. So, maybe his intentions are not honorable.
to MrTelogen:
But, just because something is in pill form and blessed by the FDA does not make it good...or make it work, either. I believe making your body as healthy as you can so your system has the opportunity to make new, healthy hair should be the goal. At least a healthy scalp is less likely to lose more hair (with a little help from rogaine 5% and folligen)!! (I obviously do not have male pattern baldness and not sure what my cause is, except for having an elevated DHEA blood level._)

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
mariejoe
I agree.In my case I have to use Propecia and Minoxidil if I want to keep the hair I have left and trust me, I do not like having to use them for the rest of my life one bit.From what I have read on Keratin I see that Women's hairloss is more difficult to diagnose and more upsetting to them than men.(well most men).

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
MrTelogen
Yeah, it was a REAL shock. No one tells you that women lose their hair. You figure men and a few real old ladies have to deal with it. No one tells you that it sheds so bad, every day, you want to cry. So it was a complete surprise. Was it stress, was it hormones, and on and on and on. Until I went to hairlosstalk.com and keratin.com, I was ready to pull out what was left. It's just a good thing I had a lot to start with. And now it doesn't shed (mostly thanks to Folligen and hairlosstalk), at all (fingers crossed)!!!
So you deal with it, and it's not so bad.

"Keep the hair you've got."---old Rogaine commercial :lol:

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
I see women all the time while shopping and wonder how they can deal with it.I want to tell them about toppik and the forums.LOL Of course I do not want to get shot in the process.hehe

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Getting shot might be the least of it. I think a lot of women (and maybe some men) feel that's the way it is, what can you do, and accept it... :roll:
The ones who feel that they shouldn't just settle for what has happened (hairloss or whatever), they find some info, try the products and go to forums like this. BTW,what would we do without the internet!?!!

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
BTW,what would we do without the internet!?!!
LOL I know I would get a lot more work done for one thiing.hehe Yeah without the net we would all be bald, like who is going to give all this info to us?Our Docs?ROTF nope. :wink:

A

Administrator

mariejoe said:
Okay, senior posters, I guess double and triple posting is weird. A guy with his own website is not likely to do this in error. So, maybe his intentions are not honorable.
Determining whether this fellow's intentions are honorable shouldn't be the criteria. He's probably the 20th fellow we've run across in the last 2 years who sat down and put together a wacky website with wacky theories like this, and every one of them had good intentions. They actually believe what they say. Running a site like this you soon find exactly how many human beings are one sandwich short of a picnic :). There are a lot.

Maybe with most things in life, sharing other experiences can be helpful. With treating hair loss this is not the case. For some sufferers this is a VERY serious issue, (even to the point that some attempt suicide), and misleading them with crazy theories when they don't know any better can actually harm them, both psychologically and financially. As a result, we can't tolerate this or many of the other "cutting edge" trends and fads that pervade the other hair loss sites, and dominate the discussions. This is the primary motivation behind why we sacrifice the traffic, and spare the content.

We're too aware of the vast majority of lurkers who frequent these forums and never post. Its nearly 10x as many who do post. 90% of them know little or nothing about hair loss treatments. Its for them that we try so hard to keep these forums centered on science and facts.

Admin