Breast soreness

RSG

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been on propecia for abt 6 weeks now, and over the last few days i've started to notice slight soreness/ pain in my left breast (about where the nipple is). The breast doesn't seem any bigger or anything. Is this the first signs of gyno? should i stop propecia? I dont want to, because propecia has reduced shedding to almost nothing.

Cheers.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
RSG said:
Hi guys,

I've been on propecia for abt 6 weeks now, and over the last few days i've started to notice slight soreness/ pain in my left breast (about where the nipple is). The breast doesn't seem any bigger or anything. Is this the first signs of gyno? should i stop propecia? I dont want to, because propecia has reduced shedding to almost nothing.

Cheers.

that doesnt seem good man.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keep taking 1mg of Propecia until you´re sure that you´re having Gyno, don´t stop because of doubts. If you´re sure though, reduce the dosage to 0.5mg or 0.25mg a day before quitting completely. Remember, propecia is the best treatment (after dutasteride, but that isn´t very safe) for male pattern baldness today.

RSG

Reaction score
how do i know if i have 'gyno'...like is there a test or something?

beaner

Reaction score
I think they would have to do some kind of ct scan or ultrasound to determine true gyno which would include actual breast gland development. finasteride can also cause what I've heard referred to as "pseudo-gyno" which is a build up of fatty deposits caused by the increased estrogen level....I believe this would probably be much more common if gyno were to occur in a finasteride user.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a similar sensation in my chest about 4 weeks after using propecia - Ive been on it for 9 months now - at the risk of jinxing myself (which is why i initially didnt want to respond to this thread!) I bought what I call my "anti b**ch-tit stack" which consists of

DIM
Turmeric supplements (I read that some prostate cancer patients use this to combat gyno from their treatments)
Flaxseed Lignans

Now since I have been taking these the sensation has gone away - wether it was a placebo effect or what all I know is that I hope it doesnt come back cos gyno to me is the worst side effect of any mentioned asociated with finasteride