BostonHawk's story

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey. I'm a 22 year old college student. I've been diffuse thinning for 3 years now. I started taking propecia for about a year and a half, then added rogaine and nizoral. I felt like I was doing good, and even had mild regrowth for a while until I ran out of a propecia script for like 5 days. My hair started falling out rapidly and its been like that for about 3 months. My hair is now very thin up top. I'm not too sure what to do anymore, I'm going to try and get some of that tea tree shampoo and maybe dr lee's xandrox 15. Has anyone had any good experience with either one?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you still taking the propecia? why wouldn't you just refill the script?

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I refilled the script after the 5 days, apparently cvs lost my scripts because I had them filled at a cvs in a different state. So yes, I have been on propecia for those 3 months.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BostonHawk said:
I refilled the script after the 5 days, apparently cvs lost my scripts because I had them filled at a cvs in a different state. So yes, I have been on propecia for those 3 months.

Hmmm. Weird.

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
a few months later. My hair has thinned visibly. I can no longer put it up, in the fauxhawkish style I used to. Not sure what is going on. I just got some of dr lee's 5% minoxidil, although I'm still not sure if I'm applying it correctly. I take a shower before class, wait a few minutes, then brush all my hair to one side and apply it to the crack created. Then I move over about a half inch or so and create a crack there to apply. I do this until I get to the other side, then I brush all my hair straight down and let it dry for a few minutes. Getting very very frustrated. I'm only 22 and still havn't had serious relationships with girls. I feel like beauty and the beast, where he has to find a girl before the last rose pedal drops. But instead I need to find someone before I lose all my hair. :( GRRRR.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ha i like the analogy, but you know that that isn't true. go out sometime, look at the guys some of the hot girls of this world are dating. they look for lots of other things. it sounds like you are applying minoxidil the right way, so keep up with that.

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just anxious for a few reaons. First, I don't know how my head will look without hair. If it looked good, then I wouldn't worry. But my dad wasn't looking so hot without his. Second, I feel like I'll be losing the ability to go up and talk to random girls that I think are attractive and nice. Instead I'll have to meet girls by making friends first. Its just harder. Third, I feel that I'll lose out on some girls that have a hard time adjusting to bald men. Like you all say ignore them, but I think they're coming to a natural conclusion. I mean I have a problem adjusting to girls that don't fit my physical standards either. I know how shallow it is, but I think I'd be dishonest with myself if I dated a girl I wasn't physically attracted to. Grrr. Its like I'd be put into a different level of dating, if that exists. I just don't know what to expect, and thats the hardest part. :(

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
totally feel ya there man. the funny part is, i used to USE my hair as a fulcrum for my confidence. i used to see someone that was competing for the same girl as me, and they had a receeder, i would be like, oh, well she's gonna see my norwood 1 and think (he'll never go bald), so i have the edge on this guy, all i gotta do now is make her like me. so i totally understand, i think i am going to be one of those people that "don't look good bald" either. who knows man, stick with propecia and maybe hair multiplication will pan out and all our worried will be a laughing matter.