Bosley... Questions

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple of hair transplants through Bosley. It looks good but not great. May do more but want to try someone else. I have heard Bosley isn't all that great.

Anyone know any other in the Boston area???

Thanks

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya, that's what I hear. I'll find someone. I would just rather go to a doctor that does it rather than a " company " that does it. After Bosley I just realize that there all hacks that get hired. Probably medical school drop outs.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
You will have to go outside of Boston. We are the hub of medicine but have some of the worst hairtransplant docs. Most likely to give you a decent result Distefano. Most likely to butcher your head or worse Magdalin (MHR).

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Really??? Distafano is good? I know there a little less expensive than Bosley, but I always thought of them as another Bosley with a different name.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he is better than Bosley (which is not hard to do) but certainly not as good as other docs located elswere. I beleive he is still using multi bladed knives for donor harvest, and no microscopes. Bottom line is to get something better than ok you have to travel.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Yikes, the words you guys are batting around scare the hell out of me. Do not be compromising quality on something like this. "Better than okay" is not an option. Find the doctor that does perfection and nothing less. Money should not be a factor here guys because you are dealing with how your head is going to look for the rest of your life.

aloe

Reaction score
i had work with bosley in chicago, i was stupid. I only did 400 grafts to see what i was getting into. I should have just used the internet.

I am looking to do some work with ron shapiro, i hear he is one of the best.
But hes website is so old, and the pics dont convince me. I saw better pics in bosley albums(that scares me a bit)
:freaked2:

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
The difference is the Bosley photos are fake, either doctored up or not actual transplants, and the Shapiro ones are not. If you don't like Shapiros pics you have answered your own question and will more than likely be dissapointed with further H/Ts.Also 400 grafts may be removed easily enough as to reverse the mistake Bosley made with you with a series of lasering and some dermabrasion.Alternately if you do choose to continue the h/t route Shapiro is probably where to go to improve the existing and is very artistic . H&W are also great but I think their forte is megasessions for advanced balding.