Booked In With Dr Demirsoy - Anyone Used Him?

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Booked in with Dr Demirsoy in November after lots of research. Anyone had any good experiences with him? I think I’m around a Norwood 3 vertex right now and quoted for 2500-3000 grafts

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 weeks now since my visit to demirsoy, 4k grafts

Would you recommend so far? Did you get quoted an exact amount of grafts before you went or did he give you a guesstimate like mine which was between 2500-3000 grafts?

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guestimate as well, 3500-4000 I had over that, and wasnt charged for the extra. So far yes, I would recommend, new hairs starting to show...

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Booked in with Dr Demirsoy in November after lots of research. Anyone had any good experiences with him? I think I’m around a Norwood 3 vertex right now and quoted for 2500-3000 grafts

He’s a good reputable doctor in Turkey, one of the very few that actually does a majorly of the procedure himself and charges a pretty reasonable price. I’ve seen lots of good patient results on various forums of his work.

Any photos you can share of your hairs current state?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you have to wait for online consultation reply? I filled this online form a few days ago and still no one has contacted me yet.

It’s probably much better to email the clinic directly and send them your info and photos as the websites of many Turkish clinics have issues with the clinic receiving your information.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
He’s a good reputable doctor in Turkey, one of the very few that actually does a majorly of the procedure himself and charges a pretty reasonable price. I’ve seen lots of good patient results on various forums of his work.

Any photos you can share of your hairs current state?

cool thank you, photos below mate. Slight thinning on crown and hairline obviously to be filled

Attachments

• 84B4C6F7-FC32-4558-8019-E1CFDDF1C24B.jpeg
    84B4C6F7-FC32-4558-8019-E1CFDDF1C24B.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 8E175608-B066-4480-8F6C-ED61B3B83427.jpeg
    8E175608-B066-4480-8F6C-ED61B3B83427.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 334
  • FA7FDB5C-E330-4A4A-A4CF-8E31009FFA99.jpeg
    FA7FDB5C-E330-4A4A-A4CF-8E31009FFA99.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 11DF481D-ED47-412C-963D-013703919946.jpeg
    11DF481D-ED47-412C-963D-013703919946.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 337

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you have to wait for online consultation reply? I filled this online form a few days ago and still no one has contacted me yet.

They are pretty quick generally by email but it’s national Turkish holidays right now. He’s a little slower than normal due to this but if you don’t hear in a couple days, give him a nudge

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much was it per graft? 1 or 1.5 euros/graft?

I'm interested in the improvement of your vertex area. Can you share pictures? Just block your face if you are worried about your privacy.

1.25 euros per graft mate. I’ve attached a few photos below

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cool thank you, photos below mate. Slight thinning on crown and hairline obviously to be filled

You’re welcome!

Honestly, your hair still looks very good, yes, you could use getting your frontal area done and it will look fantastic in a years time, but your crown looks very good, personality I would leave the crown alone in this go and just have them concentrate on your frontal area as over time you may see more visible crown loss and it might be better to use up your donor grafts then in a 2nd touch-up hair transplant. That said, if it’s bothersome to you and bothersome to travel back after a year or so then I can understand having some crown work now.

Best of luck and hope you do monthly updates of your progress here.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re welcome!

Honestly, your hair still looks very good, yes, you could use getting your frontal area done and it will look fantastic in a years time, but your crown looks very good, personality I would leave the crown alone in this go and just have them concentrate on your frontal area as over time you may see more visible crown loss and it might be better to use up your donor grafts then in a 2nd touch-up hair transplant. That said, if it’s bothersome to you and bothersome to travel back after a year or so then I can understand having some crown work now.

Best of luck and hope you do monthly updates of your progress here.

You can see some better pics of the crown here. I accept that I might one day have to go back for another FUE but would rather get some of it filled in now. I’ll definitely be uploading monthly updates as this forum has been hugely beneficial to me in making this decision

Attachments

• 908ADF01-1CFA-4E2B-9568-F8DF7541C6E3.jpeg
    908ADF01-1CFA-4E2B-9568-F8DF7541C6E3.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 279
  • B909CAAC-9AFE-4A7D-894A-2CCEEF6C24B9.jpeg
    B909CAAC-9AFE-4A7D-894A-2CCEEF6C24B9.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 294
  • AFF1BEDD-E508-41F5-B110-043E4FC99983.jpeg
    AFF1BEDD-E508-41F5-B110-043E4FC99983.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 277

rotrichrich

Reaction score
They are pretty quick generally by email but it’s national Turkish holidays right now. He’s a little slower than normal due to this but if you don’t hear in a couple days, give him a nudge

It’s probably much better to email the clinic directly and send them your info and photos as the websites of many Turkish clinics have issues with the clinic receiving your information.

Thanks guys, I will contact this clinic again next week, this time by email. It feels so surreal doing it. I have waited 10 years for this, everyday hiding temples and being anxious about it. Luckily my hair hasn't gotten worse. Based on feedback of other people I believe this doctor is the best deal in Turkey. I wish you luck OP.

rotrichrich

Reaction score
What is your regimen?

I do not use Minoxidil, because it may speed up skin aging, I do not use Finasteride, because I suffered from PFS from saw palmetto (high dosages), but I recovered after almost 3(!) years. I strongly believe nutrition and physical activity has a great influence on your overall health, including hair. Here is a breakdown of what I believe helps keep my hair:

1. Nutrition - I don't eat sugar or sweets at all, I avoid bread as much as I can, but sometimes I just can't resist (rarely), I avoid all processed food, I try to eat as little carbs as possible, but I do not exclude fruits - I eat a fair amount of them and of course a lot of vegetables. I eat a lot of nuts and seeds. I try to eat as much fat and proteins throughout a day. I don't smoke, I rarely drink alcohol (max 4 times a year). Basically I eat everything that is healthy and natural and avoid anything I believe is "junk" food. I don't buy ready meals, I cook.
2. Physical activity - I move all day everyday, workout (short but intense), I generally rest during weekends.
3. I use herbal supplements and vitamins:
- pumpkin seed oil - I believe it has a positive effect on stopping hair-loss.
- biotin - I think it makes hair a bit healthier, but definitely makes nails grow much faster
- vitamin D,
- zinc,
- hyaluronic acid.
4. I try to avoid stress and focus on positives.

I recently added Nizoral to my regimen and upped pumpkin seed oil to 6000mg a day and started doing scalp massages. I may also include dermarolling with Derminator at some point.

EDIT:
I was also using Fo-Ti before, I believe it had a great impact on my hair. I stopped it because at some point I finished all capsules and then I forgot to order it and then I forgot it at all. I am actually going to order it now. xd

rotrichrich

Reaction score
I'm also still suffering from PFS. Can you please tell what you did to recover?

Oh man, it really is a long story. I don't want to make this thread off-topic, so I will just message you. If there will be more people interested I will make a new thread.

EDIT: I sent you a message.

Last edited: