bobbylocksville's Story

bobbylocksville

Reaction score
I am a 25 year old man, whos had thinning hair for around 7 years now.

I took the leap of faith a year ago and tried Avodart / Dutasteride.

I had amazing results which lasted months after I stopped taking the drug.

However, the overal effect to my body was rather disconcerting.

I had lower back pain due to I belive problems withe my kidneys.
Inability to concentrate
Degridation of short term and or temporary memory facilities.
Strange Skin irritations on my lower back.
ALmost complete nail and body hair growth slow down.
Anxiety and Panic attacks.

I have had people tell me that these syptoms were probably all in my head, but I think they were more right than they thought...

I do belive that the 5AR-1 enzyme is directly related to alot of CNS and higher brain functions and blocking this hormone had serval adverse effects.

But it can not be denied, that the hair follices on my entire head, folrished, my hair even became darker and felt thicker and stronger at the roots.

I am at a point again, where the positive effects of the Avodart or Dutasteride have subsided and my hair is once again loosing its shine, and life.

Would my best bet be to try a lower dosage, perhaps once a week? or would propecia be a better option.

At the end of the day, I dont want to comprimise my ability to live my life, just cause I choose to make attempts to keep my hair.

Its quit clear that my hairloss is caused by this unwanted hormone, but how do I stop if getting under my skin, on my head, but keep it for the other functions in the body???

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
actualy i think taking a lower dosage would be a good idea, i know a lot of other people on here did that with propecia when they had serious side effects (gyno). if duaster really worked for you, try splitting the pill in half. or, since you know that drug really left you with side effects try propecia and maybe split the pill in half and see how that works for you, they both do the same thing, so i'm guessing if you had decent results on duast you will probably get similar results with propecia. i have read some articles about propecia being almost equally effective at half the 1 mg dosage. keep asking around though and see what the "veterans" here think.