Biotin Help 5MG?

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i bought 5 Mg Biotin and the capsule size is pretty small is it effective or i should buy bigger capsules ? i had one with 5000mcg and the capsules were bigger but this 5MG is small, any difference? ii dont know if 5mg is strong as 5000mcg.. :eek:

So

Established Member
Reaction score
5mg is the same as 5000mcg, different measurements.

I've been told on another forum that 2000mcg would be the bare minimum required in order t yield results. Furthermore it has been proposed that the effectiveness of Biotin will come from capsules/tablets/etc in which are time released.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So said:
5mg is the same as 5000mcg, different measurements.

I've been told on another forum that 2000mcg would be the bare minimum required in order t yield results. Furthermore it has been proposed that the effectiveness of Biotin will come from capsules/tablets/etc in which are time released.

im suprised that its same effect different measures :freaked2: , thanks for clearing that up.

poochy

Reaction score
My suppliment I bought from HSN for hair and it has 2.5 mg in two caps. which I take daily, it just doesn't seem like much. I been on it for two weeks, just doesn't seem like its doing any good, what do you think as far as potentcy?

So

Established Member
Reaction score
The results of supplementation can take up to 90 days to take effect, sometimes longer, depending upon the preexisting imbalance if any at all.

Furthermore, the question of assimilation must be raised. Are you absorbing some, most or all of the supplement you are taking and if so why not? (note second to last paragraph).

It is also possible to continue to lose hair, prior to the supplement taking effect, thus many people mistake this for the supplementation not working and stop.

Realistically, and in my opinion, a good supplement regimen needs to be employed for at least six months before trying assessing any measurable results.

It is also wise to detox your colon and liver before embarking upon your supplementation allowing for greater efficiency and assimilation of vitamins/minerals. Additionally, whole food capsules are proposed to have a higher rate of absorption that pressed tablets.

These are but some of the intricacies involved with supplementation.

thinning_esteem

Established Member
Reaction score
So said:
The results of supplementation can take up to 90 days to take effect, sometimes longer, depending upon the preexisting imbalance if any at all.

Furthermore, the question of assimilation must be raised. Are you absorbing some, most or all of the supplement you are taking and if so why not? (note second to last paragraph).

It is also possible to continue to lose hair, prior to the supplement taking effect, thus many people mistake this for the supplementation not working and stop.

Realistically, and in my opinion, a good supplement regimen needs to be employed for at least six months before trying assessing any measurable results.

It is also wise to detox your colon and liver before embarking upon your supplementation allowing for greater efficiency and assimilation of vitamins/minerals. Additionally, whole food capsules are proposed to have a higher rate of absorption that pressed tablets.

I've heard tell of this b4....what are the proper methods to take?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thinning_esteem said:
So said:

I've heard tell of this b4....what are the proper methods to take?

Bump

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
i use biotin and it adds growth to hair...my nails grows like insane same for eyebrows and body hair..i think it helps hair on head growth also but slower pace