Best way to apply minoxidil?

softsoapjones

Reaction score
I have (kinda) long hair, and I end up using 3ml+ or minoxidil each application because so much of it ends up getting on my hair instead on the scalp. What is the best way to apply it? (FYI, I am thinning/shedding all over my scalp, so I don't have a particular spot I apply to, I try to get it everwhere as in on top, in front, and in back)

The problem also comes up with shampoo- when the minoxidil gets all over my hair, it negates the effect of volumizing shampoos.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'll tell you how I did it. I'd lay on my back, hold a mirror in my left hand and have the dropper in my right. Then I'd put drops on the skin right at the hair line, then let the drops run down my scalp. It keeps most of it on your skin this way and out of your hair. Just don't make the drops too big or they run right off your scalp.

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
if the dropper thing doesnt work try the sprayer. I guess it doesnt come anymore but it used to. Likewise, the little thing where you pressed down and it came out would seem to work well for longer hair. I think I remember something about if you write the company they will send you one

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
I use the dropper like a pen and starting at the back of my head make small zig zags from one side to the other. I do this all the way to the front and then go back. That usually uses up the 1ml in the dropper. Keeps it off my hair too.