Best Thickening Shampoo

G

Im looking for a good shampoo/conditioner that will make the hair I do have appear thicker. The only ones Ive heard of are:

-Jason's Thin to Thick
-Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner
-Revivogen Shampoo and Conditioner
-American Crew Revitalsing Shampoo and Conditioner
-Thicker and Fuller Hair
-Physique Volumizing

Can anyone comment on any of these products' thickening abilities, or recommend something else? Thanks.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chaotic646 said:
Im looking for a good shampoo/conditioner that will make the hair I do have appear thicker. The only ones Ive heard of are:

-Jason's Thin to Thick

Can anyone comment on any of these products' thickening abilities, or recommend something else? Thanks.
I have been using Physique Volumizing Shampoo. I think it works pretty good. It's like 7 or 8 bucks a bottle. :)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
chaotic646 said:

-Jason's Thin to Thick

Add "Thicker and Fuller Hair" to the list. That's the only thickening shampoo I've used. $6.00 at WallyMart.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
chaotic646 said:

-Jason's Thin to Thick

Add "Thicker and Fuller Hair" to the list. That's the only thickening shampoo I've used. $6.00 at WallyMart.
Thicker and Fuller Hair? Who makes it anyways? Just curious :)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
kalika said:
hair_tomorrow said:
chaotic646 said:

-Jason's Thin to Thick

Thicker and Fuller Hair? Who makes it anyways? Just curious :)

I don't have the bottle with me - but I'll try and remember to look when I get home :)

It's green shampoo in a clear bottle.

Smells nice, good cleansing / lathering action, and delivers the thickness.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
kalika said:
http://www.folica.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?p=zoomed&ID=252[/url]

Maybe I'll give it a whirl!! I am almost out of my physique shampoo, so I'll try it :wink:[/quote:6afc5]

That's it![/quote:6afc5]COOL!! :yeah: I am gonna give a try and tell ya what I think of it. Thanks man! :thumbs_up:

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Hair_tomorrow, do you use the other products that they make, like the serum, condtioner, hairspray? If so, do they work pretty good? :)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
kalika said:
Oh yeah, Hair_tomorrow, do you use the other products that they make, like the serum, condtioner, hairspray? If so, do they work pretty good? :)

If we're still talking about "Thicker and Fuller Hair" - I wasn't even aware that there was a "line of products" - so No - don't use anything but the shampoo.

I will vouch for the shampoo though.

G

I just went to Walgreens, and they have Thicker and Fuller Hair shampoo, conditioner, and "thickening serum". I didnt buy any, Im still weighing my options. Someone on another site recommended American Crew Revitalising shampoo and conditioner. Anyone tried that? I used to use Crew gel, but never tried any of their other products.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
kalika said:

If we're still talking about "Thicker and Fuller Hair" - I wasn't even aware that there was a "line of products" - so No - don't use anything but the shampoo.

I will vouch for the shampoo though.
Yes, the makers of Thick and Fuller Hair have a line of other products too. :)

anayak76

Reaction score
Aveda

Someone else on here--a respected poster--said that Aveda's Pure Abundance shampoo and conditioner is the best thickening shampoo he's ever used.

I actually just ordered some, so I am gonna try that for now.

G

I just ordered American Crew Revitalize. I got a 12oz bottle of the Shampoo, 12 oz Conditioner, an 4 oz bottle of thickening cream, and a travel size bottle of regular shampoo (free) all for $36 free shipping. I always loved the smell of their products. Apparently, the Revitalize line of their products not only thickens, but it contains copper peptide and saw palmetto for strengthening.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
chaotic646 said:
I just went to Walgreens, and they have Thicker and Fuller Hair shampoo, conditioner, and "thickening serum". I didnt buy any, Im still weighing my options. Someone on another site recommended American Crew Revitalising shampoo and conditioner. Anyone tried that? I used to use Crew gel, but never tried any of their other products.

Hi Guys. I stopped at my local Rite-Aid on the way home from work yesterday to buy a multi-vit and some generic minoxidil to take to Florida (Shhh - don't tell Dr. Lee), and Rite-Aid had "Thicker and Fuller Hair" Shampoo on sale for $5.29. Plus, buy one and get one 1/2 price. Looks like they have the origingal "thickening" shampoo, plus a moisturizing shampoo - pls a bunch of other products like you mentioned.

Anyway - if you have a Rite-Aid near you - you might want to check it out.

"Hair-tomorrow - OUT" :)

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
chaotic646 said:

Hi Guys. I stopped at my local Rite-Aid on the way home from work yesterday to buy a multi-vit and some generic minoxidil to take to Florida (Shhh - don't tell Dr. Lee), and Rite-Aid had "Thicker and Fuller Hair" Shampoo on sale for $5.29. Plus, buy one and get one 1/2 price. Looks like they have the origingal "thickening" shampoo, plus a moisturizing shampoo - pls a bunch of other products like you mentioned.

Hey, I thought you left for Florida already! I picked up some Thicker Fuller Hair Shampoo for 3.99 a bottle at Walgreens :)

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like Jason Thin to Thick. Thickens and the menthol feels great on my scalp, very cooling.

Ingredients:
Shampoo: Hawaiian Sea Kelp/Algae Extract, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Purifed Soft Water, Aole Vera Gel, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lecithin, Soyamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Chamomile Extract, Glycol Stearate, Calendula Extract, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Polysorbate-20, Ginseng Extract, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B), Inositol, Steardimonium Panthenol, Biotin, Panthenol-3 (UV), Horsetail Extract (organic silica), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein & Wheat Oligosaccharide, Vitamin C (Ester-C), Phyto-Complex of Juniper, Cypress, Yarrow, Nettle, Lavander, Burdock, Ivy, Sage, Hops, & Skull of Cap; Vitamin E, Niacinamide, Lactic Acid (alpha hydroxy acids), Mixed Fruit Acids (alpha hydroxy acids), Methylparaben, Salicyclic Acid (beta hydroxy acids), Propylparaben, Soy Protein, Citric Acid (pH balancing), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans (22 amino acid complex), Essential Oils, Fragrance, Conditioner: Laminaria Saccharina (Hawaiian sea kelp/algae extract), & Aqua (purified spring water), Celeoreth-20, Aloe Baradensis Gel (certified organic), Behentrimonium Methosulfate & Cetearyl Alcohol, Anthemus Nobilis (chamomille extract/certified organic), Acetamide MEA, C. Leptosepala (marigold extract/certified organic), Planthenol-3 (Plant Phospholipids, DL- panthenol, ethyl panthenol), Stearyl Alcohol, Equisetum Arvense (horsetail-silica extract), Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Panax Ginseng Extract (certified organic), Trilticum Vulgare (hydrolyzed wheat protein &, Oligosaccharides), Blosaccharide Gum-1, Mucopolysaccharides, Steardimonium Panthenol (vitamin B), Tocopheral Acetate (vitamin E), Allantoin, Ester-C (vitamin C), Sommondsia Chinesis (jojoba oil/certified organic), Phyto Complex of: Juniperus Virgiana (juniper), Cedrus Atlantica (cedarwood), Cypressus Semper-Virens (cypress), Achillea Millefolum (yarrow), Arctium Lappa (burdock), Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender/certified organic), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), Oryza Sativa (rice protein), Benzophenone-3, Glycine Soja (soy protein), Toccopheryl Nicotinate (vitamin E), Folic Acid, Biotin (Vitamin H), Methylparaben, Cysteine, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Essential Oils

G

Lizzad said:
I like Jason Thin to Thick. Thickens and the menthol feels great on my scalp, very cooling.

Ingredients:
Shampoo: Hawaiian Sea Kelp/Algae Extract, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Purifed Soft Water, Aole Vera Gel, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lecithin, Soyamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Chamomile Extract, Glycol Stearate, Calendula Extract, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Polysorbate-20, Ginseng Extract, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B), Inositol, Steardimonium Panthenol, Biotin, Panthenol-3 (UV), Horsetail Extract (organic silica), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein & Wheat Oligosaccharide, Vitamin C (Ester-C), Phyto-Complex of Juniper, Cypress, Yarrow, Nettle, Lavander, Burdock, Ivy, Sage, Hops, & Skull of Cap; Vitamin E, Niacinamide, Lactic Acid (alpha hydroxy acids), Mixed Fruit Acids (alpha hydroxy acids), Methylparaben, Salicyclic Acid (beta hydroxy acids), Propylparaben, Soy Protein, Citric Acid (pH balancing), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans (22 amino acid complex), Essential Oils, Fragrance, Conditioner: Laminaria Saccharina (Hawaiian sea kelp/algae extract), & Aqua (purified spring water), Celeoreth-20, Aloe Baradensis Gel (certified organic), Behentrimonium Methosulfate & Cetearyl Alcohol, Anthemus Nobilis (chamomille extract/certified organic), Acetamide MEA, C. Leptosepala (marigold extract/certified organic), Planthenol-3 (Plant Phospholipids, DL- panthenol, ethyl panthenol), Stearyl Alcohol, Equisetum Arvense (horsetail-silica extract), Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Panax Ginseng Extract (certified organic), Trilticum Vulgare (hydrolyzed wheat protein &, Oligosaccharides), Blosaccharide Gum-1, Mucopolysaccharides, Steardimonium Panthenol (vitamin B), Tocopheral Acetate (vitamin E), Allantoin, Ester-C (vitamin C), Sommondsia Chinesis (jojoba oil/certified organic), Phyto Complex of: Juniperus Virgiana (juniper), Cedrus Atlantica (cedarwood), Cypressus Semper-Virens (cypress), Achillea Millefolum (yarrow), Arctium Lappa (burdock), Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender/certified organic), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), Oryza Sativa (rice protein), Benzophenone-3, Glycine Soja (soy protein), Toccopheryl Nicotinate (vitamin E), Folic Acid, Biotin (Vitamin H), Methylparaben, Cysteine, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Essential Oils

I looked at like 3 different stores for that the other day and couldnt find any. I checked Walgreens, Target, and Wal-Mart. Do you have to order it online?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chaotic646 said:
Lizzad said:

Ingredients:

I looked at like 3 different stores for that the other day and couldnt find any. I checked Walgreens, Target, and Wal-Mart. Do you have to order it online?
The only places I have ever seen Jason's Thin to Thick are like health food places or places that sell vitamins, minerals, herbs,etc. That surprises me that Walgreens didn't carry it. Well, the one you went to anyways. But that pretty much goes for any JASON product, they sell it in a lot of health stores. :)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Dice_Has_Hair said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":f6940]
chaotic646 said:

Hey, I thought you left for Florida already! I picked up some Thicker Fuller Hair Shampoo for 3.99 a bottle at Walgreens :)[/quote:f6940]

I stopped working on a Friday - but didn't leave for FL until the following Monday. When I saw the sale at Rite-Aid - I was thinking of you guys and checked in one more time from home to spread the news.

How do you like the Thicker and Fuller Hair shampoo?

Florida was great by the way. Perfect weather every day. Rented a Waverunner one day, charted a boat one day and swam in the gulf of mexico w/ the dolphins, and kicked back w/ Ma & Pa Hair_Tomorrow.

Best thing - no friggin' hurricanes!