Best products for receding hairline? - not finasteride or minoxidil?

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Been on proscar for 3 months now and havent noticed a significant difference on the frontal part of my hair which is the issue with me for hairloss, i didnt get too much of a reaction from rogaine foam and im unsure about minoxidil 15%. Is there anything else which people would reccomend to regrow a receding hairline. GHonestly anything will be most welcome.

Anyone know anything about the follical booster from nixion?

B

Beingbaldsucks

Rogaine works on mine, it depends on how much time has passed since the loss, if it was years ago then those are dead areas, and there are no treatments for dead areas only transplant

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being impatient at 3 months is laughable. Try at least 12 months. You shouldn't be thing about your hair loss at 3 months in to treatment.

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for replying.

Its just that finasteride usally works best at the crown at that is not my problem, even though finasteride will prevent hairloss, its not guarnteed that it will gorw your hair back, obviously this will vary from person to person. I know i need to give it 12 months and keep a photo diary.

Im not that bad at the front, but it is receding, im 24 and started losing my hair at 21 i think. So im still early on and i can do something about it luckily.
I think i should stick with rogaine foam for 6 months and see how it goes and then move up to 15% and see what happens.
The problem with 15% is its very sticky and annoying, espcially if you hair is not very short. Hence why foam is defo the easier choice.
Im not sure about how much area is dead and what can grow back at the moment, so i will see how it goes.
Will post some pics in the next few days.

Adam

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairline treatments :OC000459 -CRTH2,ru,rum,asc j9, neosh 101,ahk cu,CB-03-01 , proxiphen.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
Be patient, temple is the hardest part to regrow the hair that was based on what I have read on this forum and other article that I read. :innocent:

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, yeah i heard the temples are the hardest to re grow, so i will give those at least 6 months, im going to start with 15% minoxidil and see how i get on.

I dont know how effective the hair treatments by isrealelite are....i have heard of CB-03-01, think i remember its very expensive and not too many people have tired it as a result. Heard it quite good though.

I have heard phroxiphen mentioned here before. Anyone have any knowledge of any of the prodcust mentioned and their effectivenss will be brillaint thnaks.

NotWithoutAFight

Reaction score
When you figure this out man, let me know. I've been battling the hairline for 5.5 years, and I've tried: revivogen, minoxidil (5% and 15%), spironolactone, xandrox, spectral dnc, and now spectral dnc-n. Not to mention the whole time being on 1.25mg/day fincar, and some form of shampoo with keto (currently revita and revita.COR). Haven't regrown a single hair, and who's to say the loss has even slowed...

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral is the only other male pattern baldness product with multiple legit studies behind it (6 total that I know of).

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine works on mine, it depends on how much time has passed since the loss, if it was years ago then those are dead areas, and there are no treatments for dead areas only transplant

This is not entirely true. I have been currently regrowing hair in my temples that I lost 15 years ago. And it is no "fuzz", but normal, thick hair. I will report on the final results of this experiment.

But you are true that the earlier you start, the better the result is. However, remember please, that the lost hair is not "dead". It is only miniaturized and its stem cells are "sleeping". If you use a sufficiently strong treatment, it can be regrown at any time.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not that bad at the front, but it is receding, im 24 and started losing my hair at 21 i think.

And what were you doing during the whole 3 years? Were you lying in coma? You are actually a nice example of an average poster of this forum (I expressed to it elsewhere: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/62665-are-there-products-that-can-keep-male pattern baldness-at-bay-indefinitely/page2)

But anyway, good luck! You must wait for 1 year, until you can evaluate your results. Remember that combining more treatments is always better, and combining more treatments in moderate dosages may be better than an overdose of one treatment.

abcdefg

Reaction score
But you are true that the earlier you start, the better the result is. However, remember please, that the lost hair is not "dead". It is only miniaturized and its stem cells are "sleeping". If you use a sufficiently strong treatment, it can be regrown at any time.

I dont know about this. Yes the hair stem cells were shown I think to remain there but whether its possible to revive them is anyone guess. Its certainly not possible right now.