Best places in the UK for a transplant

Reaction score
Hi all,

Where are the best place's in the UK to consider for a hair transplant? I'd like to have several consultation's from various places.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks.

shookwun

Reaction score
No where.

Europe, North America and possibly Turkey are your best options for state of the art surgeons.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No where.

Europe, North America and possibly Turkey are your best options for state of the art surgeons.

Do you have any specific experience, or heard a personal testimony of someone's substandard experience in UK?
There seems to have been little to nothing mentioned about UK...

shookwun

Reaction score
Because almost every single person from the UK has commuted else where.

Personal experience with North American surgeons? Yes UK - forum users testimonies, and general research.

UK is known for their hack jobs, and poor results hence why we have very little positive information on our hands. MAKE THE COMMUTE.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Because almost every single person from the UK has commuted else where.

Personal experience with North American surgeons? Yes UK - forum users testimonies, and general research.

UK is known for their hack jobs, and poor results hence why we have very little positive information on our hands. MAKE THE COMMUTE.
^ agree - i know it's an extra expense but i have always heard horror stories about UK surgeries. just look at wayne rooney's hair transplant. go abroad mate.

David2015

Reaction score
I often wonder if there was any place in UK with a good name. Know Wayne Rooneys looks poor but where did the likes of James Nesbitt, Rob Brydon, Antoney Stokes.... Got theirs? Theirs look great

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
So there are no good UK surgeries. I was planning on going to Vinci in Harley street but am now having doubts. I can't find any reviews on here about them

irishdub

Established Member
Reaction score
I often wonder if there was any place in UK with a good name. Know Wayne Rooneys looks poor but where did the likes of James Nesbitt, Rob Brydon, Antoney Stokes.... Got theirs? Theirs look great

Blackrock clinic, Dublin.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
^ agree - i know it's an extra expense but i have always heard horror stories about UK surgeries. just look at wayne rooney's hair transplant. go abroad mate.

What's so bad about it? Looks fine to me. He looked terrible before and now he looks like he has hair. Can't see the bad workmanship?

Ben35Worthing

Reaction score
Hi all,

Where are the best place's in the UK to consider for a hair transplant? I'd like to have several consultation's from various places.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks.

Absolute no question for who to go to for me after my results... DHI Global in London!!!

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's so bad about it? Looks fine to me. He looked terrible before and now he looks like he has hair. Can't see the bad workmanship?

I don't think Wayne Rooney's is bad workmanship per se, but I think he was very limited in what he could achieve given the quality of his donor hair and amount of space he was covering. Why his result still looks thin and fluffy.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think Wayne Rooney's is bad workmanship per se, but I think he was very limited in what he could achieve given the quality of his donor hair and amount of space he was covering. Why his result still looks thin and fluffy.

Can't say I've done a full on inspection, that level of detail doesn't concern me or 99.999% of sane people. I simply see a man with a full head of hair instead of the balding kid we saw 5 years back.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Blackrock clinic, Dublin.

HRBR isn't all that great. I went there initially and they took some nice photos and prescribed me proscar, but I have some major issues with them.

1. They didn't map my scalp for miniturization.

2. After one year I went back for more photos and a check up. Neither time did they properly pull my hair back to expose my hairline, this should be a priority for hairline monitoring.

3. They don't perform FUE, they're an FUT only clinic.

4. They're stupid expensive, €10 per graft? No thanks!

On the upside they're conservative, they don't hard sell hair transplants, I actually requested one there an they turned me down, they said they wanted to wait several years to determine if hair loss had been stabilized and they also said they wouldn't transplant to my temples because it would look silly as I aged and lost more hair, and would rather focus on the forelock and temple points. Now this last point is arguably a positive, I appreciate that they're trying to be reponsible but they don't seem to consider my wishes.

On the whole, it's an ok place to start in your hair loss journey, but I would never recommend people to travel there from overseas.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't say I've done a full on inspection, that level of detail doesn't concern me or 99.999% of sane people. I simply see a man with a full head of hair instead of the balding kid we saw 5 years back.

Not sure what level of detail you're talking about, you can see it at a glance. A full head of hair? This isn't what I, or "99.999% of people" would consider a full head of hair. Like I said - thin and fluffy. He was limited in what he could achieve, due to the quality of his donor hair, and the space he had to cover.

x9hoO8U.png

Why do you think there are constant jokes and jibes about his hair from all corners. Because its very obvious. Yet you'll rarely see people commenting on the transplants of Klopp, Fabregas, Conte and god knows how many other footballers.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rooney should have done what Fred did, go the buzz cut route, maybe combine with SMP for a 3D look with illusion of density.

shookwun

Reaction score
Not sure what level of detail you're talking about, you can see it at a glance. A full head of hair? This isn't what I, or "99.999% of people" would consider a full head of hair. Like I said - thin and fluffy. He was limited in what he could achieve, due to the quality of his donor hair, and the space he had to cover.

x9hoO8U.png

Why do you think there are constant jokes and jibes about his hair from all corners. Because its very obvious. Yet you'll rarely see people commenting on the transplants of Klopp, Fabregas, Conte and god knows how many other footballers.

Dat bum fluff tier result

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score

x9hoO8U.png

No, you're being very selective, look at these pictures from a couple of months back, highlights exactly what i'm saying:

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/repor...nchester-united-s-europa-league-squad-2178926
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...atest-on-wayne-rooney-youri-tielemans-rumours