Best Hair Transplant Doctor In Phoenix Tucscon Az Area?

Japanbound

Reaction score
http://www.hairrestore.com/

I have spoken with a patient and have read good things over the years about her. I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with her currently, or has any opinion on the tech she uses etc.

I'm in the process of trying to strengthen my hair prior to going in with Propecia, nizoral and Lasercomb. I have heard it said the lasercomb is good to stimulate growth after a hair transplant.

After I saw the special on dateline, I thought it wouldn't be a bad investment. The guy who used it was using it soley and did have some growth that was verified by the doctor on dateline.

Sorry to veer way off topic but I'm thinking of going in soon, and she looks like the best that I have found (in the west)

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Very Good. Although as typical it is in the present time and not the future being considered at all. So said. You will look good maybe for a few months before needing additional surgeries.

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a procedure with Dr. Keene a little over a month ago. Dr. Keene and the staff were very professional. I was pleased with the way the procedure went. The grafts looked good after they were placed. Dr. Keene does most of the work including graft placement. Only her head nurse assists with some of the graft placement. It's still early so I can't comment on what the results will look like. Right now most of the grafts have shed, so I look like I did pre-transplant. All of the techs work using a magnification device invented by her and one of her engineers (it is described in her web site). The techs worked quietly. There was no joking around. In fact, I didn't hear much out of them at all. On several occasions Dr. Keene sent back a graft to have it trimmed a little more. This is a big advantage of having the Doctor place the grafts instead of the techs. Some people think there is no difference. Do you really think techs are going to send grafts back for further work? Dr. Keene provides quality control by her presence throughout the procedure.

G

Some very interesting observations and comments Gorpy. Japanbound, you may want to consider getting on Propecia (finasteride) three months before any hair transplant surgery because it may very well help to minimize the ill effects of shockloss post-op. Get several opinions on this from hair transplant doctors for their respective professional opinions. Lazer therapy is very hit and miss from what I have observed and minoxidil can also help to jump start your growth post-op. You may also want to check out Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix. Best wishes to you. :wink:

Japanbound

Reaction score
Gorpy said:
I had a procedure with Dr. Keene a little over a month ago. Dr. Keene and the staff were very professional. I was pleased with the way the procedure went. The grafts looked good after they were placed. Dr. Keene does most of the work including graft placement. Only her head nurse assists with some of the graft placement. It's still early so I can't comment on what the results will look like. Right now most of the grafts have shed, so I look like I did pre-transplant. All of the techs work using a magnification device invented by her and one of her engineers (it is described in her web site). The techs worked quietly. There was no joking around. In fact, I didn't hear much out of them at all. On several occasions Dr. Keene sent back a graft to have it trimmed a little more. This is a big advantage of having the Doctor place the grafts instead of the techs. Some people think there is no difference. Do you really think techs are going to send grafts back for further work? Dr. Keene provides quality control by her presence throughout the procedure.

I really appreciate the reply, thanks again. I have ran into one other person online who had the procedure, and t hey echo'd your positive comments. It had been about a year since this other person had his procedure and he said it may all the difference in the world.

I'm very excited that AZ has such a reputable hair transplant surgeon.

I was wondering how your post op went. Do they do all of this in their office, do you goto a hospital? How long has it taken you to "receover" and go back to work? I am thinking 2 weeks off or so, I don't really have paid vacation so that kind of well sucks.

Gill,

Dr Keene also echos your comments about taking minoxidil after for a few months. My first round with minoxidil was well horrible. I was obessed with rubing it in and it really increase my loss, and of course I didnt stick with it so it made things worse.

I came to the conclusion I don't have it in me to do this two times for the rest of my life, or at least the forseeable future. As it stands I'm taking propecia so hopefully that will help.

The laser therapy does seem spotty, that is why I went with the lasercomb and not those outrageous "treatment"s. I think there is something to the light increasing scalp health, although thats just my observation. As long as that dateline wasn't totally rigged, the benefits seem to be evident.

I'm scheduling a consultation soon, I'll be sure to post up before/after pics and comments. I know without this site and others I would be too freaked otu to have this procedure or even think it would look natural.

Thanks for the advice & comments

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Japanbound,
The procedure is done in her office in Tucson. I stayed overnight the night before in the Varsity Club Hotel (very nice place), which is close by. My precedure started at 8:30am. Well, that was just for the shampoo and pictures. Then by 9am Dr. Keene was drawing out a hairline for me. The actual procedure lasted until 6:30pm. My wife drove me back to the hotel where I spent one more night. I was feeling fine at that point. Pain pills are provided for post op pain. Taking the pills, I really felt very little pain. The only time I noticed any was about 2 or 3am when I would wake up after the pain pills had worn off.

I had a little forehead swelling that kicked in around the 2nd day. It lasted a few days. I was icing to control it. I would say you definitely need a week off to let the redness subside and any swelling go down. If you can take two, that's even better. Some of the scabs can take up to two weeks to fall off. My transplanted hair didn't even start to shed until after two weeks. So I looked like I had a 5 o'clock shadow in the recipient area. It was very noticable. I have the option of wearing a baseball cap to work, so no one saw it. Not that it was bad. It looked good, but I just didn't want anyone to know about it. Now I go in without a cap and no one can tell.

I decided not to use Minoxidil. With all of the associated problems I've heard about, I didn't think it was a good idea. It only speeds up the new graft growth. It all eventually grows anyway, so I'll just wait a little longer.

G

Glad to hear you are finding out what is working for you and what does not. Everyone responds to the meds differently. We all look forward to seeing your before and after pics! :wink:

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
I would much rather it be Keene than Alexander (Check out his website) it reaks of quackery. He also does females with low ludwigs. Sorry I just don't like his M.O. This is serious business. No Rugs,Drugs,or Plugs. Please. The poor woman he "shows off" with a comb over , now needs another session. As if he didn't know. He should have reccomended alternative styling instead of surgery.