Best face shape for bald heads?

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Wentworth Miller's a great actor. He knocked it out of the park when he guested on The Flash.
Anyways I'm not sure about face shape, but what I really think helps is a good/great beard. There are guys with such nice beards that you don't even notice if they have hair or not. But even if you don't have the best beard, you definitely need some sort of facial hair stye if your bald.
I also think body shape matters as well. Generally I think a bald head looks better on a heavyset guy vs a beanpole, Even if your stocky with a beer gut, it looks better then being bald AND a stick. And this is coming from a beanpole. Hopefully if ever I have to shave my head, I'll have filled out. Probably not though, I think I'm doomed to be a stick. Who knows, maybe when I reach middle age..I hear your body shape changes. Dressing nicely helps as well.
67b815de2435eabc8e75e6b419f4d1a3.jpg2679.jpgecc0cd29c72e5af80056b692cbfc4378.jpg
See^ these guys don't look bad bald at all. In fact I wouldn't mind looking like the first guy or the one in the middle.

shookwun

Reaction score
it's simple, masculine facial features.

weak facial features will just accentuate how bad you look, and really draw attention to the fact that you're bald and look odd. That, and having low body fat is crucial. A moon face will typically make you look ugly regardless of the state of your hair.

clothes, and beard don't mean ****. The only way to rock a bald look is being jacked, tanned and giving zero ****s. the upside down beard looks stupid niche to off set hair loss looks ridiculous.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
having low body fat is crucial.

Yup, 100% agree. This is true for both guys and girls. About the masculine features, you're right about that too. I know a guy who's receding, but has really puffy looking cheeks even though he's skinny as hell. Looks awful. Think Quagmire, but balding.
If you're a women who has a face like Minnie Driver, you are f*cked.

But, for most guys, masculine features will show through if they have low body fat - but are not scrawny - from what I've noticed. It's definitely helpful to be in shape if you're losing hair.

shookwun

Reaction score
How about a guy with a square jawline? Is that overkill when balding?

Tthat's exactly what you need to off set the bald look.

small jaw, and chin with bald head will look like a alien.

NorwoodTwo

Reaction score
Strong brow, square jawline, high cheekbones, medium sized nose, a big nose would look weird, a small nose would look too boyish, etc.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree about all the "get jacked!" comments. Maybe it's okay when you're in your twenties, but I think it's okay to go a bit soft has you get older.
And clothes do matter (look at the guy in the suit that I posted up above, a very nice looking chap)
The point is not everyone wants to look like a thug.

base10

Reaction score
Aiden Turner-2.jpg A square jaw like this? It only looks good because he has the hair to frame his face. Are you guys just mistaking a square jaw for a good jawline?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wentworth Miller's a great actor. He knocked it out of the park when he guested on The Flash.
Anyways I'm not sure about face shape, but what I really think helps is a good/great beard. There are guys with such nice beards that you don't even notice if they have hair or not. But even if you don't have the best beard, you definitely need some sort of facial hair stye if your bald.
I also think body shape matters as well. Generally I think a bald head looks better on a heavyset guy vs a beanpole, Even if your stocky with a beer gut, it looks better then being bald AND a stick. And this is coming from a beanpole. Hopefully if ever I have to shave my head, I'll have filled out. Probably not though, I think I'm doomed to be a stick. Who knows, maybe when I reach middle age..I hear your body shape changes. Dressing nicely helps as well.
View attachment 29467View attachment 29468View attachment 29469
See^ these guys don't look bad bald at all. In fact I wouldn't mind looking like the first guy or the one in the middle.

What drives me nuts about head shaving is you HAVE to dress like this. Its expected, so if you cant afford to run around in suits and ties for no reason and have them dry cleaned every 2 days then you are screwed. Plus if you dont live in Manhattan people look at you retarded like "wtf is this idiot dressed up for?"

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree about all the "get jacked!" comments. Maybe it's okay when you're in your twenties, but I think it's okay to go a bit soft has you get older.
And clothes do matter (look at the guy in the suit that I posted up above, a very nice looking chap)
The point is not everyone wants to look like a thug.

This was my issue with shaving. I looked like a thug. I have a good jaw but a HIGH 4head and big Italian nose. Not for these two things I prob would have kept it up. Though I did just ask my co worker "should I shave my head again for winter" and she scrunched her nose and politely said "no"

Reaction score
View attachment 29470 A square jaw like this? It only looks good because he has the hair to frame his face. Are you guys just mistaking a square jaw for a good jawline?

This guy would look good without hair too. Not as good with as with hair but still good.

Heavy set jaw, broad skull, lean, high cheekbones. Close to perfect.

1/10,000 face.

Unfortunately most men don't have these features.

- - - Updated - - -

What face shape do you think would suit the bald guy most?

Certain features that would look okay when balding? Jawline, slim face?

Square, rectangular, oval?

http://hegehrke.blogspot.ca/2009/05/wentworth-miller-celebrity-buzz-hair.html Wentworth Miller.

Still has a great hairline, but **** how does someone look that good with buzzed/ near shaved head?

You want masculinity in the face.
This means broadness in the jawline and skull. Lean.
Good developed chin. All the good looking bald guys have these features.

Oval, slim face would be the worst combo...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You want masculinity in the face.
This means broadness in the jawline and skull. Lean.
Good developed chin. All the good looking bald guys have these features.

Oval, slim face would be the worst combo...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Are YOU saying Micheal Stipe isnt rocking his masculinity?

rem-michael-stipe1.jpg

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Are YOU saying Micheal Stipe isnt rocking his masculinity?

rem-michael-stipe1.jpg

he's saved by the beard, imagine him clean shaven

also age has given him a roughness, his wrinkles and aged skin distract your eyes from his baldness.

A young version of him would look less respectable.

- - - Updated - - -

200px-Michael_Stipe.jpg

Look at that square jaw, chin!

he's more square faced than oval
his lower face is great

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
he's saved by the beard, imagine him clean shaven

also age has given him a roughness, his wrinkles and aged skin distract your eyes from his baldness.

A young version of him would look less respectable.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 29471

Look at that square jaw, chin!

he's more square faced than oval
his lower face is great

I was joking LOL
It was sarcasm

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems the forum has been invaded by PUA/Sluthaters, again.

I really dont get this term used here? Many guys throw it around, but arent PUA's and sluthaters basically women haters? Most of the guys in this forum do nothing but talk trash about women and condem them for the same thought process we ourselves have, that we don't want something we find unattractive....... just sounds hypocritical to me. Even you Fred, most of the opinions I hear from you about women are not actually very good ones.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
They seem pretty human to me. And if you want someone to blame, blame God.

Uhm... not sure if you're aware but, god is just a fictional character. You can't blame such a person.

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
Uhm... not sure if you're aware but, god is just a fictional character. You can't blame such a person.
Really? Thank you for that enlightening information. Then blame human nature, I think that isn't fictional.