Best And Cheapest Hair Transplant Doctor In Sydney Australia?

nohairnohair

Reaction score
how much does a hair transplant procedure (FUT) cost in sydney? and any good clinics I could go to, or a reliable surgeon?

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there are no reputable surgeons in sydney or australia for that matter. If you want a quality result, not some butchery you will probably regret, you will have to loosen the purse strings and go overseas

shookwun

Reaction score
there are no reputable surgeons in sydney or australia for that matter. If you want a quality result, not some butchery you will probably regret, you will have to loosen the purse strings and go overseas

This, and extremely over priced as with everything in Australia.

damo_aus

Reaction score
What do you guys base this opinion on? Are you speaking from experience or making an assumption?

Bilboswaggins - I'd like to know how having a hair transplant in Australia is tightening the purse strings? AU is one of the most expensive places to live in the world.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What do you guys base this opinion on? Are you speaking from experience or making an assumption?

Bilboswaggins - I'd like to know how having a hair transplant in Australia is tightening the purse strings? AU is one of the most expensive places to live in the world.

I would be an idiot if I was speaking from personal experience. But if you look up reputable hair transplant doctors on forums you will see that none are from Australia.

I never said that hair transplant in Australia was cheap. I'm just saying that OP most likely wants to do it locally in sydney to save money and time on plane tickets. You can't be stingy when it comes to hair transplants. You need to be willing to dish out the $$$ to get work done from a reputable surgeon, even if you need to travel halfway across the world.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
Isnt Australia home to Advanced Hair Studio, The King of all Scams. A hair transplant in Oz I like getting a hair transplant in England, your gonna pay premium price for poor quality. Places like USA, Belgium, Turkey have the most reputable hair transplant surgeons.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and also Ashley Martin which I heard charges you a thousand bucks to inform you about propecia and minoxidil. Clearly many balding men have been robbed by this scheme as the clinic has quite a few offices and runs ads on TV all the time. I just had a look on their website and they claim 98% success rate lol

damo_aus

Reaction score
Completely agree, in regards to Advanced Hair and Ashley & Martin - they are absolute rip off artists for little results, and a wonder why anyone would ever go to them! It's fair to say that there are snake-oil sellers and dodgy companies everywhere.

But it's a pretty bold to make a blanket statement about a whole country's credentials when you most likely don't even live here or have anything concrete to base your claims from. Pretty disappointing for people that come here and hope for an informed opinion.

So I'll try to contribute something for the OP to research further. A couple of strong recommendations I have are from people that I trust and have seen results first hand. Both surgeon's have strong credentials and are based in Sydney.
1. Russell Knudsen
2. Dr Johnathan Chan AHTI

We also have kangaroos and koala's in the backyard, because thats what you saw on TV!! lol

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But it's a pretty bold to make a blanket statement about a whole country's credentials when you most likely don't even live here or have anything concrete to base your claims from. Pretty disappointing for people that come here and hope for an informed opinion.

I live in sydney you dope
And I just visited the websites of these so called "recommended surgeons". Not only do they show a limited number of results, but the ones that are there are vastly inferior in quality to those produced by reputable surgeons. I can't believe how you can even begin to recommend these guys if these are the best they can do. (unless of course you are advertising for them)
And while the results didnt surprise me, dam the prices really caught me off guard! 2000 grafts for almost $13000?!! That is more than double the price of top end work you would receive in places like turkey or belgium.

damo_aus

Reaction score
Its expensive everywhere in Australia. I agree, the cost is prohibitive and its very tempting to get this done overseas. Im not advertising for anyone just giving some places that are reputable here for whoever wants to go for a consultation.

My only issue with going abroad for a hair transplant - what if something goes wrong post surgery? It's not like you can easily go back for a face to face or corrective work. How do you overcome that? Can someone advise?

Wylie

Reaction score
There is one of the worlds best surgeons in Sydney, his name is Dr. Ray Woods, the man invented FUE.

Dr. Ray Woods (who I've never had any work done by) also has always had something called a Patient Bill Of Rights, and try and find that anywhere else in the industry. Furthermore, for someone who has been doing surgery since the late 80's, he has never left a scar on a patient, because he has never done a strip surgery in his life. He also does 100% of the work, all of which is why he is so expensive.

Being an outspoken critic of an industry that has ruined as many lives as this one, he has been ostracized by all the "official" organizations, which work together to make sure other doctors don't get sued, and those who don't play ball get kicked to the curb.

If no one is familiar with this man, then it is clearly working well for the industry.

shookwun

Reaction score
$10USD graft sydney FUE

$2.75USD graft Turkey FUE

choose 1

Wylie

Reaction score
No, really he isn't, if you see what he gets out of his graft counts, his results are twice what others get for the same number of grafts. Which means his survivability is likely closer to 100%, or other doctors come up with numbers that are not accurate, or both. I've seen a lot of his results and his result versus graft count is completely different than any other doctor I've ever seen.

One thing about Dr. Woods is he laughs at the graft counts of other doctors. You are quick to call someone else a "rip off" without knowing anything about that person, other than their price. Sounds to me you are the definition of dumb.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
There is one of the worlds best surgeons in Sydney, his name is Dr. Ray Woods, the man invented FUE.

Dr. Ray Woods (who I've never had any work done by) also has always had something called a Patient Bill Of Rights, and try and find that anywhere else in the industry. Furthermore, for someone who has been doing surgery since the late 80's, he has never left a scar on a patient, because he has never done a strip surgery in his life. He also does 100% of the work, all of which is why he is so expensive.

Being an outspoken critic of an industry that has ruined as many lives as this one, he has been ostracized by all the "official" organizations, which work together to make sure other doctors don't get sued, and those who don't play ball get kicked to the curb.

If no one is familiar with this man, then it is clearly working well for the industry.

i was going to mention Dr Woods, the inventor of FUE.
Well, it just shows that there is at least one reputable surgeon in AUS although I have heard mixed reviews about his customer service.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, really he isn't, if you see what he gets out of his graft counts, his results are twice what others get for the same number of grafts. Which means his survivability is likely closer to 100%, or other doctors come up with numbers that are not accurate, or both. I've seen a lot of his results and his result versus graft count is completely different than any other doctor I've ever seen.

One thing about Dr. Woods is he laughs at the graft counts of other doctors. You are quick to call someone else a "rip off" without knowing anything about that person, other than their price. Sounds to me you are the definition of dumb.

I had a look at the results on his site and there are few that rival those of more reputable doctors and certainly NONE that warrant him charging such exorbitant amounts.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, the before/ afters on his site are below average . Certainly nowhere near the overall result I would expect.
Also most of his patients sport terrible hairstyles.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be dubious to not exist a decent hair transplant surgeon in whole Australia.
Ok, maybe we haven't heard of any, but i never hear almost anything about Aus at all...very remote from Europe.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in Australia. I guess u guys think we let the kangaroos operate here.

btw Australias Health care system ranks 32nd in the world. Turkeys ranks 71.

And Australia has the 3rd lowest number of preventable deaths per 100 000 ppl, in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems_in_2000

http://www.allcountries.org/ranks/preventable_deaths_country_ranks_1997-1998_2002-2003_2008.html

I can accept we dont have any of the major players in hair transplants here, but dont make it sound like our surgeons are crap.