Been On Avodart For Nearly A Month- Did I Screw Up?

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been on Avodart for over 3 weeks now (almost a month) and I'm noticing that my hairloss has increased and my sex drive has gone up MASSIVELY, and I'm also getting some pimples on my forehead. I have no issue riding out a shed if I know I'm doing what's best for my hair, but the increased sex drive and pimples........is troubling. I have so much hair that I can still protect, what should I do? RU? spironolactone?

PLEASE, ANY LONG TERM ( 1 year or longer ) AVODART USERS WITH ANY ADVICE? I really don't know what to do.

Are there any new treatments that will come out in the next year and a half? Money is not an issue and I'd travel wherever I'd need to go.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought, based on your posts, that you have been on it for a long time already.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot provide experienced insight on Duta usage but as far as spironolactone and stuff, completely ignoring the side effects, the more aggressive the treatment, the more shedding you will probably experience.

Did you get less shedding when on finasteride?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been on Avodart for over 3 weeks now (almost a month) and I'm noticing that my hairloss has increased and my sex drive has gone up MASSIVELY, and I'm also getting some pimples on my forehead. I have no issue riding out a shed if I know I'm doing what's best for my hair, but the increased sex drive and pimples........is troubling. I have so much hair that I can still protect, what should I do? RU? spironolactone?

PLEASE, ANY LONG TERM ( 1 year or longer ) AVODART USERS WITH ANY ADVICE? I really don't know what to do.

Are there any new treatments that will come out in the next year and a half? Money is not an issue and I'd travel wherever I'd need to go.

Someone keeps saying on every thread you need to give Duasteride a year to work. Maybe you should take that advice?

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone keeps saying on every thread you need to give Duasteride a year to work. Maybe you should take that advice?

Did you read what I wrote? The shedding isn't the issue. Why is my sex drive going up and why am I getting pimples?

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Significant increase in free testosterone due to test not being converted to DHT anymore as 5-AR is blocked by dutasteride.

The last of the follicles

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you read what I wrote? The shedding isn't the issue. Why is my sex drive going up and why am I getting pimples?

Because of the sensitivity to androgens. Total T doesn’t give pimples, since it’s useless. There is an increase in SHBG to counter the blockage of DHT so it’s not like you’re gonna have more free T anyways. Now let that sink in as ncbi brainless parrots fly here to tell us that “according to this study” and so on.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of the sensitivity to androgens. Total T doesn’t give pimples, since it’s useless. There is an increase in SHBG to counter the blockage of DHT so it’s not like you’re gonna have more free T anyways. Now let that sink in as ncbi brainless parrots fly here to tell us that “according to this study” and so on.

So what should I do in your opinion?

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what should I do in your opinion?

Buzz cut, quit the drug before it irreparably messes you up, go for a treatment such as dermaroller and use shampoos without sulfates and keto because those burn the follicle and thin it. And just enjoy life knowing well that when a real cure presents itself, you can fix things properly. If you think you are gonna be getting that shitty pill for the rest of your life wake up. Nobody does that. Everyone quits. Your hormones are fine don’t mess them up for shedding less. I know it’s hard to accept so it’s your choice. It’s always your choice. Good luck.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buzz cut, quit the drug before it irreparably messes you up, go for a treatment such as dermaroller and use shampoos without sulfates and keto because those burn the follicle and thin it. And just enjoy life knowing well that when a real cure presents itself, you can fix things properly. If you think you are gonna be getting that shitty pill for the rest of your life wake up. Nobody does that. Everyone quits. Your hormones are fine don’t mess them up for shedding less. I know it’s hard to accept so it’s your choice. It’s always your choice. Good luck.

Woah hold on now if you're one of those "all natural" types, that's not the kind of advice I need with all due respect. I care most about effectiveness in my regimen. I have been taking finasteride for over 4 years with zero side effects.

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah hold on now if you're one of those "all natural" types, that's not the kind of advice I need with all due respect. I care most about effectiveness in my regimen. I have been taking finasteride for over 4 years with zero side effects.

I wish you all the luck in the world with it and it’s zero side effects. A word of advice: side effects are sometimes hiding well. Get blood work done.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People shaving because other people tell you to are usually the people who give up first at everything in life.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost same thing here re: libido. Been on dutasteride for a little under a month so far. Higher libido + more erections. First night I took it was insane and I'll spare the details. As a side effect it isn't really bothering me, better than the opposite right?

Also hilarious that you're everywhere encouraging people to try dutasteride for at least a year, and you're flipping out after 3 weeks.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also hilarious that you're everywhere encouraging people to try dutasteride for at least a year, and you're flipping out after 3 weeks.

I’m sure some of these guys prefer talking about treating hair loss more than actually doing something themselves. Plus patience is a concept lost on millenials, they’re used to having the world delivered to them immediately through their iPhone.

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
been on dutasteride 0.5mg/ day for past year. worked for 8 months, crown was saved and regrowth, halted shedding dramatically. then lost effectiveness after month 8 and been shedding more, more frontal recession. temples screwed, crown thinning again. Meh.

yeah i noticed temporary increase in sex drive, then it went to a bit below normal after that.
your pimples will go away dw. just hormones fluxing around a bit.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I started finasteride I also had the initial libido increase, but not as strong as I'm experiencing on dutasteride. On finasteride it did eventually work its way back to normal, and I'm expecting the same thing with dutasteride (in fact it already has gotten closer to normal compared to the first few days of dutasteride which were INSANE). Still I'd say anyone should be cautious to report lower libido, since it's one of those things that's so easily influenced by your mental state. I think everyone tends to start over-analyzing after they start these drugs.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure some of these guys prefer talking about treating hair loss more than actually doing something themselves. Plus patience is a concept lost on millenials, they’re used to having the world delivered to them immediately through their iPhone.

It definitely is not just Millennials, you see this problem on the board with many age groups. They have no patience, hyper analyze everything, freak out, post their bipolar observations. That is because they are so focused on their hair so that any hair strand that falls out is now realized.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost same thing here re: libido. Been on dutasteride for a little under a month so far. Higher libido + more erections. First night I took it was insane and I'll spare the details. As a side effect it isn't really bothering me, better than the opposite right?

Agreed, that is what I noticed. I figured the OP was on Duasteride for a year and noticed a lot of regrowth based on how he was telling everyone to take it for 'at least a year'.