Bear with me here

jvantin1

Reaction score
I'm hoping y'all subscribe to the theory that when it comes to hairloss, no question is a silly question. So the more experienced posters, please respond.

I'm rethinking my position on Rogaine--but I want to do an experiment. I want to put Rogaine on my right temple area only, not anywhere else on my scalp. My question is, if I put it only on one area, will only this area grow or shed?
My thinking is, I can experiment on myself on this one area, which is now hidden by hair. If it sheds, that would suck, but at least it would be hidden. And if I see regrowth, I might be more inclined to use it elsewhere.

Please note that I'm a woman who uses the men's area because it's way more active, and there are more experienced posters here. Hoping no one minds.

bombscience

Reaction score
jvantin1 said:
I'm hoping y'all subscribe to the theory that when it comes to hairloss, no question is a silly question. So the more experienced posters, please respond.

I'm rethinking my position on Rogaine--but I want to do an experiment. I want to put Rogaine on my right temple area only, not anywhere else on my scalp. My question is, if I put it only on one area, will only this area grow or shed?
My thinking is, I can experiment on myself on this one area, which is now hidden by hair. If it sheds, that would suck, but at least it would be hidden. And if I see regrowth, I might be more inclined to use it elsewhere.

Please note that I'm a woman who uses the men's area because it's way more active, and there are more experienced posters here. Hoping no one minds.

Well when I was "shedding" form minoxidil, it was only happenening in the places that I applied the solutions. Those were also the places I was balding. So... who knows, the only way you might be able to tell is by applying it to a place that you ARENT balding to see what the results are.