Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This topic was covered a while back briefly as a piece of hope surrounding new entrants to the market however thought i would highlight some findings from the patent itself that gave me some fresh hope.

The drug in question is Bayer's PRL receptor anti-body drug that specifically targets the PRL receptor.

"PRLR-mediated signaling plays a role in a variety of processes such as mammary gland development, lactation, reproduction, mammary and prostate tumor growth, autoimmune diseases, general growth and metabolism, and immunomodulation"

It was speculated in the last post on this topic that the drug wouldn't be effective because these traits were assumed to be linked to prolactin itself. Dopamine agonists such as Cabergoline that suppress prolactin have no beneficial effect for Androgenetic Alopecia hinting this would be equally ineffective.

However, it appears the actual supression of serum prolactin itself is not a metric for effectiveness ...

"The pituitary PRL secretion can be inhibited by use of bromocriptine and other dopamine receptor 2 agonists. These agents, however, do not suppress extrapituitary PRL synthesis that can compensate successfully for the inhibition of pituitary PRL synthesis leading to almost unimpaired PRLR-mediated signalling"

As for results when trialed on stumptail macaques it was found that over a 6 month period results of hair growth did not peak during the 6 month time period. A drastic increase of the terminal hair count in bald areas (109 % increase) was demonstrated as well as an increase in transition areas.

Not exactly new news however in light of RCH-01 being a let down this might be of some comfort for the future.

Patent : https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2019011719A1/en

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same increase as RU58841.

This is terminal hairs though, whereas RU is mostly vellus hairs

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what worries me lol .

Hopefully this actually corresponds to humans more accurately.

Interesting. A PR Newswire article about Hope Medicine, Bayer and PRL says this about macaques:

The antibody was effective in stimulating hair growth in aged stump-tailed macaques, nearly doubling the number of terminal hairs after 6 months even in previously fully bald areas and showing a sustainable impact even after 2 years post treatment. Notably, the stump-tail macaque model is considered one of the rare predictive animal models for male and female pattern hair loss in humans.

This sounds hopeful.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
norwood11 the news article also says about PRL:

has demonstrated excellent efficacy in animal models, including non-human primate model, and excellent safety in humans.
And,

"We look forward to globally launching integrated Ph II clinical program in Europe, US and China".

Last edited:

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pointless. Anything that cripples our hormonal balance is useless, it will lead to horrible and permanent side effects and won’t be used for a lifetime. The only road to success is regeneration and multiplication of hair follicles. Leave these stupid articles at the door. Prolactin is way too important to be played like a toy. Anyone who has messed his up, like nandrolone steroid users, know the irreversible side effects it has.

@Ollie u r not an endocrinologist, please refrain from sharing such dangerous papers.

You seem to be indeed mentally crippled. It is also a patent, not a paper.

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pointless. Anything that cripples our hormonal balance is useless, it will lead to horrible and permanent side effects and won’t be used for a lifetime. The only road to success is regeneration and multiplication of hair follicles. Leave these stupid articles at the door. Prolactin is way too important to be played like a toy. Anyone who has messed his up, like nandrolone steroid users, know the irreversible side effects it has.

@Ollie u r not an endocrinologist, please refrain from sharing such dangerous papers.

Deca increases Prolactin. This decreases it. Low Prolactin in men isn't an issue it's an ideal.

If you actually understood what you were reading you would appreciate the prolactin level is redundant when observing the effacious mechanism at play here.

And as Haircook said... Its a patent. Jesus christ you are dangerously retarded.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meanwhile why not using dopamine agonists if you want to lower your prolactin levels?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got that as well:

30mg 14-day interval
60 mg 28-day interval
90 mg 14-day interval

Using subq injections.

If the goal is to push back prolactin levels to reasonable levels shouldn't the same dosage be used for AA?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have found about this Mat3 peptide antibody (BAY-1158061 active ingredient), this may be the structure:

-Glu Val Gln Leu Leu Glu Ser Gly Gly Gly Leu Val Gln Pro Gly Gly Ser Leu Arg Leu Ser Cys Ala Ala Ser Gly Phe Thr Phe Ser Ser Tyr Trp Met His Trp Val Arg Gln Ala Pro Gly Lys Gly Leu Glu Trp Val Ser Asp Ile Ala Arg Leu Ser Ser Tyr Thr Asn Tyr Ala Asp Ser Val Lys Gly Arg Phe Thr Ile Ser Arg Asp Asn Ser Lys Asn Thr Leu Tyr Leu Gln Met Asn Ser Leu Arg Ala Glu Asp Thr Ala Val Tyr Tyr Cys Ala Arg Gly Leu Asp Ala Arg Arg Met Asp Tyr Trp Gly Gln Gly Thr Leu Val Thr Val Ser Ser-

Is there any reason why the endemetriosis dosage should be different than subq injections for Androgenetic Alopecia? I assume no.

All we need to do is find the N/C terminus. Provided the amino acid seq is correct.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not the one, the hair loss one is a 190 amino acid chain. The dose in the patent is much higher than the endometriosis one.
Ok gotcha. Do you have the sequence? And can it be possible to find the N/C terminus?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You beautiful bastard you.

Thought I'd share this aswell.

Previously it was stated that effect in the macaques continued for 2 years, in a more recent interview with Xiao Ruiping the following was stated:

"It was with the latter that it completed the functional validation of the monoantithing resistance to Bayer's targeted prolactin (PRL) receptors - a drug that effectively promotes the growth of the hair of elderly redmas, and after six months of treatment, the number of hairs in the hair loss area nearly doubled, even in areas that had previously been nearly completely bald, and the effect continued for more than four years after the drug was discontinued - which led Bayer to transfer its development interest in the drug"

Full article: https://topic.echemi.com/a/xiao-rui...ilometer-of-translational-medicine_87591.html
Crazy! BAY is a bigger deal than I thought at first.