Bawitabaw's Story

bawitabaw

Reaction score
Clearly, I'm new here so i wanted to give you all the heads up on my hair loss story. Im currently 20 (will be 21 in 4 wks) and have been experiencing hair loss since about half way through my senior year in high school (that was 3 years ago!) I was only experiencing hair loss at my temples, and it was very noticeable when i would use gel. Therefore, i put a stop to my gel use my senior year of HS and haven't used it sense.

I do dye my hair blonde roughly 3 times a year , and im a lifeguard so my hair gets pretty fried during the 3-4 summer months. I do however, use Ausie conditioner to try and combat that. Anyway, i've noticed a fairly gradual progression of baldness over the last two years.

Today, my hair is thinner than ever around the temples, and the temple area is getting much more difficult to cover up (it use to not be a problem, cause like many people on this forum, i had shockingly thick hair.) For example, when i get out of the shower, i LIGHTLY towel dry my hair, then style quickly with my fingers. On certain days i'm successful at covering up my temporal baldness, and on others, there's almost no use in trying. Once my hair dries, the baldness becomes less noticeable, but it sticks out like a soar thumb with wet or damp hair. So i was fishing around the internet, fed up with my hair loss, and found this sight two days ago. I started reading, and made an appointment yesterday with my primary care physician. He wrote me a prescription for Propecia. While getting the prescription filled by the local CVS, i purchased the Rogaine 5% (based on what i had read at this sight, it seemed like this combo would give me the best results.) I started the regiment today and plan on purchasing the Nizoral Shampoo tomorrow.

However, I am left with a couple of questions. The directions on the box of the Rogaine 5% say to use only in cases of vertex baldness, and that the product is not proven to work on the hair line or temporal areas. However, many on this website have used Rogaine on receding hairlines and temporal baldness. Is it okay for me to use this product on my temporal balding areas?

Also, when using the Rogaine, the directions suggest that 1ml twice daily be applied to the scalp in the areas experiencing hair loss. However, im losing hair at both my right and left temples. So do i apply 1ml of Rogaine to each temple, TWICE daily, or do i just apply .5ml to each temple twice daily?

I definitely plan on letting you all know how effective my regiment is. Im nervous, because i havent heard too much positive news about hair regrowth in the temporal areas. If anyone has had good temporal regrowth with this regiment, please let me know. THANKS