Baldness cure?

VWdude

Reaction score
and even if this is successful, it's not going to be available anytime soon.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
How would it actually work on bald heads? I don't fully understand.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
didn't really mention the method of curing baldness. i'm guessing it has to do with the replacement of dead "scalp" cells. that sounds funny...i'd like to hear if they've actually tested this on a bald scalp.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
So they have a working cure for baldness but might hold it back because their patent doesn't cover the scalp area. Stuff like that makes my head want to explode. Why don't they just file another patent and make tons of money like any smart person would do.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds like thier branching off of stem cell knowledge with this approach.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
"They have also been taken from the hairy part of a man’s scalp and injected into the bald or thinning patch. This has been shown to cure baldness in the laboratory, but researchers do not yet know if it will lead to a product being developed."

WHY NOT???

If it works, then give it a shot - test it, patent it, produce it!!!

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I think we need to mass email/phone this company to let them know there is a huge demand for their baldness cure. Their current "meh no one will be interested" mentality isn't going to help us.

This could make it to the market faster than anything else if they pushed for it.

Contact Info here:

http://www.isolagen.com/

G

This treatment is being done in the UK now for wrinkles aqnd scars.
If you can get a doctor to send in a sample of scalp with hair to be cultured. It could then be injected to the scalp skin.

They have had no bad effects using on wrinkles and scars.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I done some reading on fibroblast and it turns out that its indeed similar to cultured stem cells. Fibroblast is easier because thier not isolating a particularly hard to source cell. It would be as easy as just injecting cultured skin cells from the back of the head.
This all sounds fishy though. I mean fibroblast cultures have been around for alot longer than stem cell research so why are they now stumbling upon its use.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would like to research more on culturing cells because its not very technical. Culturing cells is not difficult. The amino complex does all the work.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It makes sense now that I know that fibroblast cells surround all healthy hairs. Unlike stem cells the fibroblest cells can easily be cloned in a dish because they are so readily available. Its wierd that the docs looking into stem cells did not just go for the fibroblast??? This approach would result in more hairs per individual root system.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would this comment be correct. A skin biopsy is taken, in the case of male pattern baldness possibly a hair folicle. The fibroblasts are extracted then multiplied and injected into the scalp causing new folicles to develop and grow hairs?

The concept sounds promising. I can also see a possible risk in mutating fibroblasts depending on the multiplication method and thus causing cancer possibly.

Hopefully something good will come of this. Fingers crossed that we have a solution soon!

G

They have been using the procedure injecting the treatment into face wrinkles for 10 years with no cancer.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is more exciting than HM!

In fact a pseudo cure is already out on the market!.....Only thing they have not expanded its uses yet....Its just like the Internet...it started off as a defence communication then evolved to firendster, IRC , teleconferencing and all the sh*t out there today ect ect....

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a different company already holds the patent for the idea of specifically using fibrolasts against baldness. In other words, if Isolagen (the company in the article) wants to market this, they would end up in trouble.

Even though they are the first to achieve it in the lab their hands are tied. This is a cure for baldness which actually works, but probably will never see the light of day due to red tape and ownership issues. Shame.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your email and interest in Isolagen.

The Isolagen process is currently being used for treating many areas such as lines, wrinkles, atrophic scars and the general improvement and self rejuvenation of the skin.

Clinical trials are taking place in Houston, Texas, USA, for incontinence, dental/gum/bone restoration and hairloss. We have no time frame as yet as to when these clinical trials will be complete or when these procedures will be available in the UK.