bald= ugly? depends on your overall facial and skull strectrue.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Thanks Quantum, I like to think I come across well, in fact given that I'll be teaching in a big northern city, I'll most likely be regarded as the fancy, posh southerner, lol, but the reading glasses are a very good tip. I'll probably try that in my second year, when I pluck up the courage to buzz my hair down fully.

I'm sure you can understand why I'm so paranoid though lol, I'm a pretty well educated, mainly liberal guy, but with all the middle-class, hyper-liberal, ultra-pc women that work in education, I don't want to be judged as a "thug" before I've even had a chance to show them I can do the job properly.

Also I think the kids and people in general take me a lot more seriously with shorter hair. Earlier this year I had a couple of year 8s taking the p*ss out of me for my combforward hairstyle in class, so since then I always have it short and swept back and no one, not even the kids have given me any sh*t...

Again last week coming back on the train, my hair was long and overgrown as I was up north training and literally had no money for a haircut, this bunch of young northern lads started smirking and taking the p*ss out of my hair under their breath right to my face, it was similar to Fred's experience... If I didn't work in a profession where I have to have my criminal records checked every 5 minutes, lol, then I would have dragged the guy out onto the platform and killed him, lol, but as it was I just had to walk away raging as I knew things would have escalated very quickly otherwise and I would lose my career,

Ultimately, these guys were just a bunch of shtmunchers all probably working for minumum wage in retail or manual labouring, but there were about a dozen other shaved bald guys on the train that day and I didn't see them getting any sht, so I'm sure if I'd had my hair shorter, they wouldn't have bothered saying anything to me... In my experience it's the grown out, fake looking combforward look, that attracts more ridicule than anything else. With the buzzed look it's less unsettling visually and has more symmetry and frame.

Oh be careful when you say things like "then I would have dragged the guy out onto the platform and killed him, lol" round quantum cat he will probably think you ACTUALLY going to kill him...LOL.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oops! lol... ok, so perhaps "kill" is a bit strong and exaggerated, but it certainly would have been very tempting to teach the guy a lesson in front of all his watching friends, no worries though. I'm sure given time someone else will do this for me anyway... In my experience empty vessels like that guy, who go around mouthing off and abusing random strangers in public always get what's coming to them eventually... besides two of his crew already had early receding hairlines anyway.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Oops! lol... ok, so perhaps "kill" is a bit strong and exaggerated, but it certainly would have been very tempting to teach the guy a lesson in front of all his watching friends, no worries though. I'm sure given time someone else will do this for me anyway... In my experience empty vessels like that guy, who go around mouthing off and abusing random strangers in public always get what's coming to them eventually... besides two of his crew already had early receding hairlines anyway.

Lol we get what you mean but i said that about quantum cat cause he thought i would really say piss off to an interviewer lol...so i said it for an on going joke sort of thing lol.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Primo:

ignore loathsome chavs like them. Just smile, knowing that you're the better person in every way. A bully/troll wants to illicit a reaction so never give them the satisfaction. If you say anything at all, you should simply point out that their crown is also balding (even if it isn't) and will make any man super paranoid.

DannyBoy:

wtf is wrong with you? You seem to see everything anybody says as an attack on you and then you respond in a hostile and defensive manner. I used to stick up for you even when others on here were attacking and berating you - I couldn't really see why people found you so irritating and immature as you seemed harmless enough and had a positive outlook. Now I understand where their dislike of you came from.

Goodbye - you're on ignore.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Primo:

ignore loathsome chavs like them. Just smile, knowing that you're the better person in every way. A bully/troll wants to illicit a reaction so never give them the satisfaction. If you say anything at all, you should simply point out that their crown is also balding (even if it isn't) and will make any man super paranoid.

DannyBoy:

wtf is wrong with you? You seem to see everything anybody says as an attack on you and then you respond in a hostile and defensive manner. I used to stick up for you even when others on here were attacking and berating you - I couldn't really see why people found you so irritating and immature as you seemed harmless enough and had a positive outlook. Now I understand where their dislike of you came from.

Goodbye - you're on ignore.

What are you on about quantum cat i thought what you said was funny hence the many "lols" in my comments cause you believed what i said to be true...and i then repeated it to primo cause i thought it was funny i even said "so i said it for an on going joke"...chill out dude and bye.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ultimately, these guys were just a bunch of shtmunchers all probably working for minumum wage in retail or manual labouring.

:shock: what's wrong with working in retail or manual laboring?

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
firstly, although i can totally understand ur desired reaction to those guys, u just have to rise above, and not let it spoil ur day, and know that probably 3-4/5 guys will start to recede in theyre twenties, so theyll get their karma, and the one who manages to keep perfect hair, will usually end up a arrogant douchbag with no life, and a bad outlook on life. (theres no karma for these guys, but when all his friends start to bald hopefully he'll chill out and see the errors of his ways)

i for one, used to payout on baldies, then it happened to me, and now i have sympathy, so its not too late for them to learn the hard way, and become a better person.

secondly, certain people should be careful paying out on certain career choices, given the limited choices there is for employment. im on my 2nd degree + a diploma, and still i cant even get a labourere or retail job. its tough out there these days. a job is 10 times harder to get than it was for our parents.

those guys were assholes though no question, but alot of us were when we were that age.

seb

Reaction score

Nah, he would of taught you a lesson. Hes better than you, he has hair, lest you(and everyone else) forgets, "you only feel a real man with a full set of hair" remember.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i for one, used to payout on baldies, then it happened to me, and now i have sympathy, so its not too late for them to learn the hard way, and become a better person.

secondly, certain people should be careful paying out on certain career choices, given the limited choices there is for employment. im on my 2nd degree + a diploma, and still i cant even get a labourere or retail job. its tough out there these days. a job is 10 times harder to get than it was for our parents.

those guys were assholes though no question, but alot of us were when we were that age.

I personally never used to "pay out" on bald people, even when I was an oblivious, seemingly invincible, full head 15 year old, though I know people who did and I hope they get their karma soon.

Also not "paying out" on anyone's career choices either... It's just that where I happen to live, a popular thing for the aimless and unambitious young people to do is to work just under 20 hours a week in a shop or labouring job and then pick up unemployment welfare payments for the rest of the week, the government allows them to do this (or did at least until very recently?) so you can see why I have very little respect for that and it's doing nothing for them career wise.

Going into labouring or retail with a view to learning a valuable trade or becoming a manager is a completely different thing altogether. I agree though it's a savage job market out there nowadays, especially at the graduate-end you have to take what you can get. I've taken plenty of knockbacks since finishing uni in the last few years and I never thought I'd be teaching when I left school, yet here I am 8 years later, so I'm certainly not here to patronise or look down upon anybody else's career choices ... only the intentionally lazy and unambitious shtmunchers who deserve a kick up the a$$.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What are you teaching Primo? Im about to graduate soon and teach English, Literature, and hopefully history if I can beat out the usual coaches that they hire for history teaching jobs.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What are you teaching Primo? Im about to graduate soon and teach English, Literature, and hopefully history if I can beat out the usual coaches that they hire for history teaching jobs.

Hey Thom, that sounds sweet! If I had an arts degree I would've loved to have taught one of those subjects I always enjoyed them at A-Level, but over here the competition is super fierce for those two and my degree was business-finance related, so the only place I could realistically go teaching-wise was Maths! Turns out though, the government is absolutely desperate for Maths teachers over here because the standard is so woefully poor in the UK compared to other developed countries, so it's worked out very well for me! Without this, I have absolutely no idea what I'd be doing right now jobs-wise, with my desmond tutu undergraduate degree and my distinctly average school academic record, lol. So, I'm very happy to get this opportunity to be honest!

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well congrats man! Arithmetic standards are terrible over here as well and I'm living proof of that. Had to take quite a few remedial math classes to get required credit, but I passed English and History with flying colors. It's just good to have a salary with both of our country's economic situations. History is my passion though but here in the states pretty much only coaches get hired to teach it as I guess they think it doesn't require as much. Anyway, good luck with it, especially the mathematically challenged such as myself haha.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
well, when i say i used to pick on bald guys all i really mean, is i talked behind there back about how bad it looked. i didnt bully them or anything, or say anything to there face. the point is now im on the other side of the coin, and i realise its not there fault. and i doubt u guys never thought u were better than them. ur just not admitting it now.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^ You know the feel then, and proper name for it as well... anxious. They have to be on that end of the stick to fully appreciate what we are talking about. I have seen so many bad looks from guys just like your previous self. Looks that say "I know you are inferior to me. Ha Ha" It does wonders for eroding your confidence and self worth!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ You know the feel then, and proper name for it as well... anxious. They have to be on that end of the stick to fully appreciate what we are talking about. I have seen so many bad looks from guys just like your previous self. Looks that say "I know you are inferior to me. Ha Ha" It does wonders for eroding your confidence and self worth!

Its what they get out of that sentiment. By lowering your social worth they feel greater satisfaction in their life. Its like them taking pleasure in other peoples misfortunes... and to an extent, its true even for those who aren't assholes about it... its yin and yang. How else would you know your hair situation was GREAT if there weren't others who are bald and suffering?

The problem is that humanity is completely full of **** and they don't give a rats fvck about you, your balding head or other health problems you may encounter. People are more interested in making a buck than living a life of actual legacy. I don't expect everyone to be the next Jesus Christ but at some point, one would think we as a human species would evolve past the point of putting more efforts, money, resources, time and the sacrifice of human lives to find ways and execute those tasks to KILL EACHOTHER on meaningless wars, arms races, nuclear weapons, etc. Just imagine how incredibly useless that 'industry' would be if we put more focus on IMPROVING the quality of life rather than destroying it?

Don't expect those privileged with hair or good health to care though, thats not on their bucket list.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i doubt u guys never thought u were better than them. ur just not admitting it now.

Hey, I'm not trying to be holier than thou, I've done plenty of ****y things in my life and hurt plenty of people, but with regards to baldness as soon as I was old enough to understand it was a genetic condition (about 12 probably) I never once looked down upon or scornfully at any bald man, for me that would be like looking down upon someone in a wheelchair or a maimed person with no arms, again I know there are plenty of people out there who would laugh or look down on these types, but I was never brought up to be like that (thank you parents! lol)... in fact using my nw7 father as an example I just assumed as a young kid that male pattern baldness was what happened to every man once they got older, a totally NATURAL process however unaesthetic it might look, perhaps you might think differently if your father was a full head.

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, I've been on the "end of the stick enough" times already and if you're going to continue to trivialise my problems out of hand, then don't expect others here to refrain from trivialising yours.

Paranoia, delulsions, anxiety attacks in public etc etc I've experienced them all and found the only way to alleviate these problems and truly be comfortable in my own skin, is to have my hair as short as possible (without going sly obviously!)

I get crooked looks and I get comments from a small and pathetic minority, but I rise above it 90% of the time and the other 10% when I'm having a really bad day, I have my friends and my loving girlfriend to help get me through.

As long as I'm happy in my working, social and personal life, these insignificant people and their insignificant comments cannot touch me, they are essentially all just a bunch of shtmunchers anyway, like I said a pathetic minority not the majority as many here like to paint it.

The only reason, Uman I think you struggle so badly with male pattern baldness despite being over 40 and having a family and a loving wife, is because you're used to being on the other side of the coin laughing and looking down upon balding guys when you were at highschool, with your full head of hair and tall handsome good looks.

So because you were so very accustomed to giving these crooked looks to balders before you experienced hairloss, it's only natural I guess that you would feel hyper, hyper sensitive and very concious about receiving these kind of looks yourself from others now that male pattern baldness has kicked in.