Back to baseline after 8 months...

ChiaPet

Reaction score
Well my summer has been going awesome up until today...

I finally decided to snap some photos for this month to see where I stand on my regimen. I'm on month 8 now and have been shedding tons during the past 2 weeks.

So I went all photographer on my hair and just compared it to January shots...looks like I'm back at baseline. My hair has gone back down to sh*t...

My hair improved vastly on the vertex during months 3-6. There was no signs of hairloss back there.
The hairline slightly improved at month 5 and continued to improve very slowly up until month 7.
But lately, I've been losing hair everywhere...in the shower, in the sink, on my pillow, etc...
I've been very firm on my regimen, only missing a couple apps of minoxidil since I started. I cut Nizoral down to 2x/week now and began thinking maybe it's burning my hair.

I don't mean to be a downer, but it's hard to see that after babying your hair so much and spending a crap load of money, that there really is no benefit..

I don't know...maybe it's just a massive shed, which a new improved regrowth period will happen...I'm just in the gutter right now..somebody give me some hope. :!:

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you're going through a shed and it's going to come back thicker and better

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
12 months for on the big three and various other things. im worse than baseline....but i know things will get better

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I went through it. Seems a lot of us do. A "big" shed comes just before the first year is up.

It's part of the gig. Stomach it.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya, I just went over the year mark for finasteride and noticed my crown area has done some shedding too.

Did the rest of yall notice a marked improvement right after the recovery from that shed at the year mark?

hopefully it will come in even fuller.

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Experiencing it too now. After a year on propecia i switched to 1/4 proscar and now, one month later, my hair is falling like never before. Major receeding of hairline, rapidly thinning crown, burning scalp... Horror.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
Jesus Christ. Has anyone ever had ANY success on propecia?

Markelbentley, why do you say "you know it'll get better? You have no reason to believe that, and based on every finasteride post here you have every reason to believe that it will get worse.

Why do you guys spend so much money, time, energy, emotion on this drug that's just not working?

I really wanted to try propecia a while ago, but thanks to posts like this on this forum, I'd cut my penis off before I took that drug!

jbrown

Reaction score
You do realize that people who are responding well arent going to come on here and claim that its not working. Of the millions of people who use this drug, I dont think a handful of bad responders is a very good way to judge. Im on month 7 and may hair has stopped falling out and is looking stable. Why dont you click on the success section of this forum you idiot.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
relax man, i remember thinking my hair was at its worst around 8 months. just gotta ride it out, things are much better for me now at a year and a few months. good news is, you are a responder, just gotta wait out the year long rollercoaster.

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to be a pest, and maybe this is for me more than you (hope you don't mind) but.. any pics?

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im going through a bit of a shed too and noticed tons of shorter thin hairs in the shower. My hair has thinned a bit in one week after lots of improvement and thickening. Am I worried? Nope. What sense would it make for it to work really well after 5 months and then just stop working? Just gotta ride it out.