Avoiding products with Alcohol

Incursio

Reaction score
I decided to go down the hair system route, I've already ordered a topper, I've not got anything else as of such got 5 weeks left to decide.
I wanted to ideally avoid using alcohol or any harsh chemicals that might diffuse into my body through the scalp not because it's sensitive or ought.
When I asked my supplier they did say their are other products that are oil and grease based.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Incursio (interesting nick, by the way)

The basis of all the releasing fluids is alcohol, so it would be difficult to avoid alcohol touching your skin. There is a video somewhere of a guy taking his piece off using baby oil, but I think that would make a terrible mess of the piece. In any case, I have never heard it suggested that alcohol is bad for you when applied to your skin or that it "defuses into your body". Medics use it all the time as an antiseptic. I think you may be worrying about nothing here, based on flawed biology.

As a quite different matter, it is best to avoid alcohol in hair sprays, gels, sunscreens etc which you are going to use on your hairpiece, because the alcohol dries out the hair, and if it comes in contact with your glue or tape it can affect the bond. But that is just a matter of looking at the ingredients on the bottle. There are alcohol-free versions of every product if you look around.

Hope this is helpful.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
possibly religious reasons to avoid alcohol. I think there are oil based removers

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, alcohol is drying on skin, but you are only using a tablespoonful once a week. I have never found it to be a problem personally.

I found the video I mentioned above, of the guy taking his piece off using baby oil. He seems to really struggling, and I would be concerned that if you did this every week all the pulling and rubbing would end up tearing the base and/or pulling the hair out. By comparison, if you dab with alcohol it neutralises the glue and you can just gently lift your piece off. But everyone to his taste ..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nk3cVJqPkY

Benz9

Reaction score
Are you looking for alcohol free hair sprays, and styling products Incursio?

Incursio

Reaction score
Hello thank you all for your comments.

When I spoke to my supplier he did mention that there are oil and grease based products, that can be used whether that applied to 'releasing fluids' is questionable, I will speak to him in regards to this.
I think I'll avoid using too weak a product such as baby oil as Noah has mentioned it'll probably do more harm than good.
I was originally trying to avoid products containing alcohol for religious reasons as Grincher pointed out but after further reading into it, it is acceptable to use products containing alcohol for cosmetic purposes, as Noah said "I'm worrying about nothing." So Benz I won't be needing those.
I've got about a week left till I receive my piece, I really need to start getting all the products I need for the long road ahead of wearing a piece...

Thank you all your help guys.