August sheds

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
Every August I get horny as hell and I lose some more hair. Can anyone explain this to me? My hair gets real itchy around the temples and the crown and I go slightly up the Norwood scale a little more. This has happend since I was 18 like clockwork. At this rate I'm not going to go bald at 25 (I'm 22), but I will be bald at 40ish. Is this type of scheduled shedding normal for male pattern baldness?

SE-freak

Reaction score
TourdeForce,

There are some "programmed" T spikes for humans. One of them is in August and explains the increased sexual interest(no it was not just boobs lying under the sun- its your chemistry too). That would explain the sheds but don't forget that there are seasonal sheds too which are completely normal. There is a case that you remember every one of them and think you went "clic" on the Norwood scale then, but it may have a continuous progression.

G

i have to say my hair looks shite at the moment and my libido is through the roof.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
SEfreak said:
There are some "programmed" T spikes for humans. One of them is in August and explains the increased sexual interest...

Huh?

This sounds very interesting :wink: But do you have any valid research or a link that I can took a look at for this? I was going to say it must be the full moon thing 8) but then on a more serious note, your explanation sounds much more credible :p

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
se not to hijack the thread but I take it you are big into lifting, sports etc?

SE-freak

Reaction score
21gone said:
se not to hijack the thread but I take it you are big into lifting, sports etc?

Not a freak, used to be a "natural" bbuilder (I didn't even use protein powder). Then had to let some muscle go due to martial arts. Always wondered how would it affect my hair if I never lifted a pound. Tending to believe it didnt contribute though...

The Gardener

Reaction score
Add another hash mark to the board.

Undergoing a big time shed here, and kind of a scary one. I had a shed this same time of the year a few years ago that was what scared me onto a regimen!

I'm biting the bullet, being extra careful with my regimen, and keeping devout with my daily prayers to the hair gods.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yeah i'm shedding too. Pretty weird shed as well...some times loads of hair comes out then the next day i brush my hair and nothing comes out.

Good to hear it's just a seasonal shed and not the begining of a decline.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Se I just asked that because you had read an article from John berardi who is reknowned in the sports and lifting worlds alike. But back on topic chalk one up for me on an August shed.

SE-freak

Reaction score
hahaha ok guys. I just saw about 50 hairs falling in the sink coldblood and I have ***buzzed*** hair. That means that they were not trapped they are fresh... I guess I am shedding too.

:freaked2: :freaked2: :freaked2:

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the way the forum should work guys. We all came to a common conclusion based on some speculations and some grounded knowledge. This makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone at least when it comes to August shedding.

SE-freak

Reaction score
The tough part Tourde is, that I seem to lose hairs from specifig areas-e.x crown- where I am thinning. I believe a seasonal shed would affect non male pattern baldness areas too?

aaahhh I am so tired of this thing...it's depressing.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I´m losing more hair now, too.

Every year is like that.

The best "hair months" :) for my hair have always been july and august, and then in september, it starts to appear thinner. October is the worst month. Hair is always crap in October for me.

It can be just a perception, though, caused by the different light of the summer or something like that, but I´m pretty sure it looks better in summer, then worst in autumm.

Luckily, I think I´m doing well with my treatment, based on my pics, so I hope this year things will go better.

ChiaPet

Reaction score
Ah..I thought it was just me.. I have been shedding tons lately. My hair is now worse than baseline and it keeps declining.

Been on the big 3 for almost 8 months now. It improved at month 5 and started to get worse thereafter. I blamed it on what I thought to be "fake rogaine" I purchased off ebay not long ago, but I'm now thinking it's the real deal since a lot of people are going through this August shed.

This really blows...

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Solo said:
I´m losing more hair now, too

Posted Sat Aug 13, 2005

Solo said:
The best "hair months" :) for my hair have always been july and august, and then in september, it starts to appear thinner.

:roll: nonsense

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Solo wrote:
I´m losing more hair now, too

Posted Sat Aug 13, 2005

Solo wrote:
The best "hair months" Smile for my hair have always been july and august, and then in september, it starts to appear thinner.

Rolling Eyes nonsense

I think there´s a period since you start losing hair til it becomes noticeable.

But I don´t really know. For me it´s a fact-> I start losing more hair in august, with a very noticeable increased shedding rate, and then, in September, my hair looks thinner.

Maybe that´s all psicology. I don´t really know either.

G

I have a different explanation

A lot of people, like me for example, recieved money over christmas and started taking finasteride a the beginning of the year. Now 8 months later; were comin to the end of a hair cycle hence the shedding

I was sheeding badly a couple of weeks ago