Are FPB and male pattern baldness carried on the same genes?

Brutus

Reaction score
Hi,
I alrdeady posted about this in the mens thread but maybe y'all here have some advice. I'm not a woman and I currently don't have any real hair loss, but I do have a mature hairline and quite a bit of shedding every day. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY in my family has hairloss except for my mom and her older sister (typical hair thinning down the middle). My aunt is married to a bald man and has three sons, two of which still have a full head of hair, and one of which is a full blown NW7 (he is the youngest one too at 24). Like I said, every male in my family as far as I can see back has a full head of hair. And yet, the fact that my mom is losing her hair so rapidly worries me. Even though she knows and doesn't care about it, I'm afraid that I will inherit the bald gene from her. I should mention that I have a 30 year old half sister with early signs of hair loss like our mom, even though though her dad had perfect hair. Are there any women on this forum who both have hairloss and sons with hairloss, despite it seeming to be absent in family history before then?

wrwr

Reaction score
Even if you inherited this gene, so what? You cannot fix it anyway.
Live your live and deal with problems when they come out. There is no point to worry about it now.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
My aunt is married to a bald man and has three sons, two of which still have a full head of hair, and one of which is a full blown NW7 (he is the youngest one too at 24).

have they the same type of hair? thickness, lenght,...density.... it is strange

BTW I dont think that exist only a gen driven the hair cycle.

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
No such thing as FPB. It's like arguing that men have a Cellulite syndrome. Men don't get Cellulite.

labellavita1985

Established Member
Reaction score
You're joking, right? How is there no such thing as FPB? It's usually called female pattern hair loss, and up to 50% of women will develop it.

No such thing as FPB. It's like arguing that men have a Cellulite syndrome. Men don't get Cellulite.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

WTF? If there's no such thing as female pattern baldness, why am I bald then?? Moron.