***Applying foam while having gel on okay?***

Reaction score
About to start using foam and nizoral 2%. During the evening applications, chances are I will have gel in my hair and will not have the desire to wash it out. Its still affective if I sift through my hair and place it on my scalp and hairline, right?

To the fullest heads of hair for everyone on this site,
RogaineNizoral2percent

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
The gel will most likely inhibit some contact/absorption with the scalp, and could possibly interact negatively with the minoxidil itself. If I were you, I would drop the gel since the foam is similar to a "mousse" type styling product anyway and defeats the nead for anything else.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
apply foam first and let it dry, then use little bit of gel to style

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Renegade said:
The gel will most likely inhibit some contact/absorption with the scalp, and could possibly interact negatively with the minoxidil itself. If I were you, I would drop the gel since the foam is similar to a "mousse" type styling product anyway and defeats the nead for anything else.

you dont apply gel on your scalp do you?

I only put tiny pit at the tip of my hair... I always make sure i wont get it on my scalp.

I use the clay type that gives it a messy dry look

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RogaineNizoral2percent said:
About to start using foam and nizoral 2%. During the evening applications, chances are I will have gel in my hair and will not have the desire to wash it out. Its still affective if I sift through my hair and place it on my scalp and hairline, right?

To the fullest heads of hair for everyone on this site,
RogaineNizoral2percent

I'd strongly recommend that you wash your hair thoroughly before putting Minonxidil on. Apart from the build up of dirt and grime that will have accumulated during the day the dried gel will have deposited tiny flakes onto the scalp thereby inhibiting the absorption of the Minoxodil.

The foam is designed to dissolve on contact with body heat and reach the scalp, but the shorter your hair the better chance there is of that happening. Make sure you massage it in slowly and thoroughly.