apart from having hairloss problems i suffer from OCD

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
ever since the age of 8 or so i have had an obsession with touching objects in a particular order of times and now that i'm so depressed its getting worse and its really taking it out on me, it would be great to here tips from any former OCD sufferers thank you.

HughJass

Reaction score
from someone who is obsessed, although it's no so bad these days, with lining things up 'correctly' and neatness and order and general, all I can say is - things are fine as they are

no need to count them, no need to arrange them, no need to have them a certain way- things are just as fine as they are

OCD is an expression of anxiety, and it helps perpetuate anxiety too.... you think you're going to get some relief and relaxation if you touch those objects a certain amount of times, line those books up so they are all straight, arrange them so they are numbered the 'right' way...you never get that relief though so round and round it goes.

There are plenty of ways to get rid of anxiety and learn how to let go. I don't know if OCD is your only problem, but you might find a course of CBTfrom a psychologist to be helpful. I didn't, but many others find it useful

s.a.f

Reaction score
You've got to face your OCD head on and force yourself to do the exact opposite.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I have struggled with OCD since as long as I can remember. You are not alone.

Don't try to fight this on your own. You need to get psychotherapy. As AussieAvodart said, CBT is commonly used to treat this and is effective. Medication can help you on your way but I do not believe it is absolutely necessary.

I know you are depressed but you have to take that step to look for therapy, as difficult as it may seem. There IS relief from your condition.

Do you have health insurance?

Hey stay strong man, this sh*t is hard. Really, really hard.