Anyone trying or has successfully kicked the habit of smoking?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started smoking occasionally while still in school and have been smoking a pack regularly for the past 3 years. I have tried several times to quit but have always been unsuccessful. This time, I am trying again to quit and my last cigg was on Thursday, now I am having strong urges to smoke again. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Guys help me, the struggle is real!

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ZXsQAXx_ao0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0[/video]

salamander

Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I just threw my cigs out one day after I could tell it was ruining my teeth, lungs and skin.

Just do it OP. Even now, 2 years later, the smell of cigarettes still gets to me, but I control the urge.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Something about having a cig in your hands seems pretty novel to me. I probably will quit at some point, but when I consider that it takes me up to a week to finish a pack, I self-rationalize that my "addiction" isn't that bad. Plus it helps with work and school.

hairwegoes

Reaction score
great tip to cure any addiction but not easy

do a fast...at least 3 days or try fo 1 week.

Dont need total fast can eat apples and other fruits even veggies and some seeds etc if really hungry butt try do every other day or 16 hr periods only water.

1 week of doing this and your body resets and you build new immune system, If you can go 3 daysw without food you get some crazy thoughts and cant sleep but its all good...this will cure your addiction believe me!

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didnt smoke for about more than 15 days but last week, I was feeling depressed and has picked it up again. Spent this last week like a living engine. Today, I threw half full pack of cigarettes in the trash basket in hopes of not smoking ever again. Let's see how it goes this time!.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
I went from a pack a day of cigs to vaping in 1 day. try e cig's they work great. It has nicotine, vapor (which looks like smoke) and gives you a throat hit. They're considered at least %99 less harmful than regular cigs, they're just unsure about that %1.

It feels so much better, I can breathe better, i don't cough 24/7 and i don't dehydrate as often.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes.

Been over 6 years since I lit a cigarette.

Stop being a beta male, and do it cold turkey!

#godspeed

My hardest battle has been to overcome masturbating.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
I quit and have stayed quit since 2010. My secret? Cold turkey, and absolutely zero tolerance for anything tobacco. Period. No cigars, no chew, no ecigs, no nicotine of any shape form or kind. Once you've got this ingrained in your head realize that it is for life!

The next steps are hard: throw away all matches, lighters, and accessories of any kind. You won't need them anymore. Stop hanging out with other smokers. No going on smoke breaks. Better off finding new friends and lifestyles of people that don't smoke.

Hope this helps!

L.I.O.N

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from smoking to vaping about 4 months ago and then quit vaping a month ago. IMO, the hardest thing is to convince yourself that you will never smoke again, there is no choice of being weak one night when drinking with friends. If you just try, you will eventually fail. But you should go to your dentist and ask him/her to show you the back of your teeth, that could definitely help you make the right decision ;)

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quit completely about 6 months back.

Pretty much smoked weed everyday for the first month, now I'm back to just weekend (mostly).

The hardest is when I'm drunk or when I see someone on tv light one up. My recent hair loss spurred a self-improvement motivation which is mainly what I attribute to finally quitting them.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try a good quality vape (not the shitty e-cig type) if you're struggling to quit cold turkey and find yourself back on cigarettes. Still much safer than smoking.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start using cocaine.

It will help you successfully come off tobacco.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try a good quality vape (not the shitty e-cig type) if you're struggling to quit cold turkey and find yourself back on cigarettes. Still much safer than smoking.

I had a similar way of quoting i switched from Marlboro to American Spirit first..then just kept cutting down..it ws so much easier to quit from Americna Spirits i think because other additives not in there like Marlboro.
Still hard to quit but cravings not as bad at all.

Then i just worked out A LOT the first few weeks..i sweat it out of my system.

its been like 16 years i think since last cigarette.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me tell you about my smoking history and some of my efforts to quit. Took up smoking at 19 due to bad depression and extreme social anxiety. I have never encountered anyone who smoked more than I did( talking genuine chain smoking here) Every year like clock work I would get a very bad cold and be sick for days. One year I said enough was enough and quit cold turkey. For the first week, I was very much like a drug addict suffering borderline psychosis and various phantom ailments, took it up again after one year and then quit again by gradually tapering down using the patch. I sustained this for 5 years by getting the odd nicotine fix through pipes and cigars( not inhaling) Last year I foolishly took smoking up again, thinking I could just enjoy the occasional cigarette- well I don't need to tell you how that worked out!

Started vaping one month ago and quit cold turkey. No withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. I started vaping at a very high nicotine level and have gradually reduced. The interesting thing is that nicotine is supposedly the main addictive substance in a cigarette , yet unlike a cigarette, I can go a whole day without vaping if necessary.

I wont lie and say vaping gives you as strong a kick as a cigarette, but it is a good enough alternative for most.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me tell you about my smoking history and some of my efforts to quit. Took up smoking at 19 due to bad depression and extreme social anxiety. I have never encountered anyone who smoked more than I did( talking genuine chain smoking here) Every year like clock work I would get a very bad cold and be sick for days. One year I said enough was enough and quit cold turkey. For the first week, I was very much like a drug addict suffering borderline psychosis and various phantom ailments, took it up again after one year and then quit again by gradually tapering down using the patch. I sustained this for 5 years by getting the odd nicotine fix through pipes and cigars( not inhaling) Last year I foolishly took smoking up again, thinking I could just enjoy the occasional cigarette- well I don't need to tell you how that worked out!

Started vaping one month ago and quit cold turkey. No withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. I started vaping at a very high nicotine level and have gradually reduced. The interesting thing is that nicotine is supposedly the main addictive substance in a cigarette , yet unlike a cigarette, I can go a whole day without vaping if necessary.

I wont lie and say vaping gives you as strong a kick as a cigarette, but it is a good enough alternative for most.

thats the key--once you get rid of all the other crap that is addictive in cigarettes--weather its vaping or for me it was american spirits--then you just have to get off the actual nicotine and the oral habit (haha)