Anyone Here Experienced Depression On Finasteride?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, known side effect. Makes you lethargic, had it too but it is to be expected when messing with hormones. If you lower estrogen this could happen too etc.

Although it's one of the least bad sides of fina imo.
And where you able power through?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
My depression didn't change on finasteride or currently dutasteride. Just a bit less libido, lower semen volume. No mental sides. Anti-depressants gave me worse libido issues than finasteride or dtuasteride, that's not a problem just now but it was.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got depression. Never take it again. I may be ugly being bald cause I cant pull it off but at least I can find some joy in things that I couldn't when on finasteride. I'm not here to debate what finasteride did to me. I know what it did as I tried it multiple times as I was in denial from listening to some guys on here saying it was placebo effect or aime nonsense. Not only was i depressed but my guy shrunk in size, even my friend at the time commented about it and she asked why. Not joking either. But to each his/her own. Plenty of guys take it with no problems. But not this guy.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got depression. Never take it again. I may be ugly being bald cause I cant pull it off but at least I can find some joy in things that I couldn't when on finasteride. I'm not here to debate what finasteride did to me. I know what it did as I tried it multiple times as I was in denial from listening to some guys on here saying it was placebo effect or aime nonsense. Not only was i depressed but my guy shrunk in size, even my friend at the time commented about it and she asked why. Not joking either. But to each his/her own. Plenty of guys take it with no problems. But not this guy.
yeah, i mean, ive been taking it for 2 weeks now i think, i dont remember exactly how i felt back then, but i think i was far more positive and happy, i think

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
meh, today i started thinking more and more about it. probably since starting finasteride i became dead inside, i was somewhat depressed before, but i showed emotions and had interest in certain things, but now even girls i wanted to date before, when talking to them, i dont feel anything, i feel kinda dead

im not sure if i should stop taking it for like 6 days and see it washed away from the system and compare mental state

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
meh, today i started thinking more and more about it. probably since starting finasteride i became dead inside, i was somewhat depressed before, but i showed emotions and had interest in certain things, but now even girls i wanted to date before, when talking to them, i dont feel anything, i feel kinda dead

im not sure if i should stop taking it for like 6 days and see it washed away from the system and compare mental state

You may be swinging your hormones to wildly by going back and forth. If you do it at least try to taper off and then back on.

While the depression could very well be from Fina, it could also be from the season change (if you live in the Northern hemisphere this tine of the year is notorious for depression episodes).

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Either enhancing of already existing or appearance of depression from scratch

dude you got a female voice yet from taking 0.25 of finasteride for 3 days???

now you blame your previous depression ( anyone can check your post history) on finasteride..

Just stop taking it and do everyone on the boards a favor.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, i mean, ive been taking it for 2 weeks now i think, i dont remember exactly how i felt back then, but i think i was far more positive and happy, i think
You were a nagging ,pathetic , crying litte sh*t just like you are now. Nothing changed.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
you really are annoying genetic, i mean no offense, but for f*** sake, get a hold of yourself.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you were crying abt your throat last week, this wk its depression..whats next???
you tell me what's next. there were others who reported same side effect with their voice precisely like i had it and i do still have it, just can tolerate so far.

and yeah, depression is all in my head, brah, right.

This neurosteroid has been found to exert anti-convulsant, anesthetic and anxiolytic effects [22-24]. Moreover, change in the levels of allopregnanolone is found to be associated with depressive disorders. [25,26]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1622749/

You were a nagging ,pathetic , crying litte sh*t just like you are now. Nothing changed.
i love my fanboys

you really are annoying genetic, i mean no offense, but for f*** sake, get a hold of yourself.
how so?

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you tell me what's next. there were others who reported same side effect with their voice precisely like i had it and i do still have it, just can tolerate so far.

and yeah, depression is all in my head, brah, right.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1622749/

i love my fanboys

how so?

no depression not in your head lol.. you were depressed before, stop blaming a drug you took 7x at a 25% dose of what was in those studies..

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no depression not in your head lol.. you were depressed before, stop blaming a drug you took 7x at a 25% dose of what was in those studies..
mate, can you read the f*****g thread? thanks.

i have written alraedy that i had depression before, it just heightened it, made me completely numb and pessimistic, i didnt have that before finasteride.

also
who were prescribed finasteride (1 mg/day)
i took half of that, not 25%, nice math there

also according to studies finasteride at 0.5mg inhibited as much dht as 1mg, so it would be logical to assume that it will inhibit same amount of neurosteroids