anyone have succes with minoxidil

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
im in month 2 and right now it looks not so good, i have def thinned alot to areas i am applying to, does tht mean its working if ur hair thins?

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
As I understand it when minoxidil induces a shed it is merely pushing more hairs that are in telogen into anagen. This results in an increased rate in the shedding of telogen hairs because new hairs are growing underneath. So hairs that may have fallen out in a few weeks fall out today and new hairs that would be 1-2cm by the time those hairs would have fallen out are just starting to grow.

It is not supposed to cause any real thinning, but you may see a little less density because you shed those telogen hairs and it takes a few months for them to grow to an appreciable length. This combined with the natural progression of male pattern baldness will result in more thinning.

I am in week 5 on minoxidil and week 4 on finasteride and I feel like my hair density is getting thinner as well, but I know I need to wait a good 2months to a year to fully evaluate the treatments effectiveness. I can see some healthy thick short hairs growing in so at least some of my shedded hairs didn't completely dissapear.