Anyone ever quit hair fibers cold turkey?

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried toppik/caboki/nanogen/finally hair(cheap stuff on ebay) and for the last year I haven't left the house without wearing it

I want to quit but everyone at my work/uni/gym never seen me without the hair fibers.

Do I gradually use less and less stuff to make it look natural or I just suck it up and go cold turkey on this? I imagine I would get some weird looks from ppl who know me, although I guess I wouldn't really mind saying I used a concealer.

Has anyone had an experience like this?

g.i joey

Reaction score
I suggest u shave your head. Thay way people will just notice ur hair style change as oppose to ur hair density change

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried toppik/caboki/nanogen/finally hair(cheap stuff on ebay) and for the last year I haven't left the house without wearing it

I want to quit but everyone at my work/uni/gym never seen me without the hair fibers.

Do I gradually use less and less stuff to make it look natural or I just suck it up and go cold turkey on this? I imagine I would get some weird looks from ppl who know me, although I guess I wouldn't really mind saying I used a concealer.

Has anyone had an experience like this?

Not that this is helpful - but this is the exact reason why I have never used hair fibers, they really do work. Then one day, you have to show your true hair to everyone, without the gradual exposure... I would definitely agree that you should just start using less and less every day. Or, if you are a very confident person, just go without them, and if any one says anything just laugh and say, "yeah, I am tired of covering it up". Remember, it's a fact that no one cares about your hair loss, except you. No one cares at all.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tried toppik a couple months ago just to see what it looks like. Not really a solution for those who are thinning in the hairline department, but looks fantastic on the crown.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just gradually lay it off, i don't recommend going cold turkey.
I might try this since I don't want to go all buzzcut yet.

I suggest u shave your head. Thay way people will just notice ur hair style change as oppose to ur hair density change
I tried this once, got a pretty short buzzcut at the top, with the sides being even shorter, it actually look quite good for a week while it was short but after a week I couldn't be bothered to get a haircut again and started using fibers again.
If I go this route I'd have to get myself to cut hair quite often.

Not that this is helpful - but this is the exact reason why I have never used hair fibers, they really do work. Then one day, you have to show your true hair to everyone, without the gradual exposure... I would definitely agree that you should just start using less and less every day. Or, if you are a very confident person, just go without them, and if any one says anything just laugh and say, "yeah, I am tired of covering it up". Remember, it's a fact that no one cares about your hair loss, except you. No one cares at all.

Your post was actually helpful, especially the last sentence. The thing is that when I started using it I barely had much I had to cover, I was applying it in seconds, so I thought I could use it just on a while... Now about 14 months later, I have to use way way more to all over my head. Honestly I sort of wish I never touched this stuff. Luckily I'm probably confident enough to quit cold turkey.

Tried toppik a couple months ago just to see what it looks like. Not really a solution for those who are thinning in the hairline department, but looks fantastic on the crown.
It's kind of funny that a person usng fibers might have a receding hairline of balding man but the actual hair will look very full with no bald spots. I thought it looks kind of unnatural that my temples and hairline receded a bit, yet the rest of my hair looks like a full head of air.

Swimswiy

Reaction score
Is it possible for hair concealer to make you lose more hair? It could be a coincidence but I feel like since I started a clay based concealer my hair in the front has gotten way thinner. The part that scared me was if you don't wash it off nightly (which I rarely did. I do now), it would get in my pores and inhibit hair growth, but from what I understand hair doesn't get nutrition from the outside, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe its just a coincidence.