Anyone change career paths from lack of hair/bad hair transplant?

youngndumb

Reaction score
i can't even believe i'm writing this, let alone on this website. long story short im 23, started losing around 18, hated myself for it, actually signed up for the military because it seemed like the best choice for me, backed out because it didnt seem i would be able to get/stay on treatments while in...sad huh? ended up getting two strip hair transplants to make me feel better about life. now hate myself way more for basically f**king my life up. in a situation now where my loss of hair, and not being able to shave because of scars, and also fear of the future when i lose more and have to shave. i wish this never happened, i know everyone here has hairloss, but i didnt/couldnt have that at 19 so my instincts had me jump right in to getting a "procedure" which ended up being two. i am not happy anymore, i am not social. this has impacted my entire life, and i just dont know what to do. i now think about it day in and day out. i dream about it and how stupid i was. i wanted to go to college but now it seems i need to weed out any careers that require me to not wear a hat. id much rather be bald than balding w/ scars. if only i knew the torment this would have caused me. i am suicidially depressed right now. i dont know what to do.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hey young,i appreciate what ya saying and i have been the same to a certain extent. right now im on treatments,the big three and doing well,i dont know if you are on anything but i would certainly advise you to look into it,most probably propecia to keep what ya have. do not despair about the scars and bad hair transplant's ,there are many doctors who can perform great repair procedures.

think about the situation you are in and think of the best ways to combat it,propecia to keep what you have,minoxidil to maybe regorw some ,and a hair transplant repair to sort the scars out. sorry if i sound somewhat jumbled but there absolutely are ways to sort this all out.dont let it f*** up ya life,give it your absolutely best go at kicking its arse,we have so many viable options available to us,im not sure what docs perform the best repair jobs but im sure some other people here can reccomend a few..........dont let it beat you man,anytime you feel down come on here and talk to people,there are many who have been where you are and have come out the other side..... :hairy:

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
listen good me my friend, soon your suffering will end, but you must hang on. It is feelings like those that you describe, that drive science people to end such paiN. And so I promise you, humen knoledge will win this fight, and that day is not far. Just hold on. I wish we lived close so i could spend time with you and better how you feel.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
HARM1 said:
listen good me my friend, soon your suffering will end, but you must hang on. It is feelings like those that you describe, that drive science people to end such paiN. And so I promise you, humen knoledge will win this fight, and that day is not far. Just hold on. I wish we lived close so i could spend time with you and better how you feel.

I agree.

My friend, I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I can't imagine all the emotional torment you're going through. I am only 21, and have experienced a large degree of hairloss for my age. I've considered hair transplant surgery but feel I should wait a few more years until state-of-the-art methods are improved.

Hair cloning is underway, and it seems, for the most part, capable of being successful.

Curis is a supposed cure for baldness, and it is underway... also another promising treatment/cure on the horizon for us.

My friend, you cannot take back the past. Have some hope for the future. Get on the treatments to help keep your hair now.

Hell, I've even seen plenty of guys at the gym who have shaved their heads DESPITE their long, huge hair transplant scars. And they don't even give a sh*t.

I cannot say that I've been in your place, but I do know how bad you feel right now.

Get on treatments, give them some time, hope for the best...

If you were here in Las Vegas, I'd buy you a beer.

I have to go right now, but please keep trying, man. Don't let people get you down. I have a lot of respect for someone in your position who can perservere with fortitude and courage.

Goodluck man.

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, i know you've pretty much given up hope of a normal life, but if you need a reason to keep at it - do it in spite of the sort of people that would be so un-evolved that they would look down on people like us. I've been really down at times, and the thing that keeps my head up are seeing things (they're pretty petty and stupid, but they work for me) like ugly fat dudes with good looking chicks, laughing away seemingly unaware of their foot-long nose or brown teeth.

Haha, f#$% I mean i see cripples and all types of people walking around enjoying life and say to myself "jeez, if i was like that, i'd just top myself". But they're actually smiling and enjoying themselves, and it kinda makes me feel a bit less petty and I get annoyed with myself for not having the balls to enjoy the life I've got.

People can be f$%ing cruel and plain disgusting, but a lot of people are real beautiful, inside and out and its got nothing to do with looks. Keep ya head up man

edit: haha oops, well i guess i don't see cripples 'walking' around, but you get the picture

newfie

Reaction score
You shouldn't hate yourself for hair loss - hair loss is completely natural and normal, and if you look around, you'll see its quite common. I sympathesize with your situation, but you must quit beating yourself up over it at some point in time.

Concentrate on making small goals, like limiting yourself to a couple of looks in the mirror a day. Pick up a hobby; learn to play an instrument. Do anything to take your mind off of it. There are so many things out there more important than hair (which I know you've heard before, but you have to start believing it). Keep your head up, take care of your health, and remember that all of us are in your corner.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Give an update about ur life i see u were around this year.
I wonder if he didn't use propecia back then. It was very expensive before generics were available and a lot of guys couldn't afford it. Trump is a billionaire who got on it as soon as it was available in 1992. He even recommended every guy to "never let yourself go bald. It is the worst decision a man could make." I agree with him. I would never choose this, id go down fighting.

I dont see any post activity for @youngndumb after 2007 so he might be just done. A lot of these people are probably in their late 30s to early 40s. At this point they probably hit norwood 6/7 if treatments failed them.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Trump hass publicly spoken about it like that? Lol.

He was last seen on 23 march 2021 though. But I do agree its nearly 100% chance baldness ran its course with him, and with everybody else. Because if they could have stopped it we would know. Everyone would. Even nowdays we are unable to just stop it in many cases lol.
He fought it off for 30 years and now he does a very complicated combover. Joe biden had a hair transplant to just shape his face.