Anybody with recommendations on how to get rid of this minoxidil-induced dandruff | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
New : Hair Loss Treatment hits the market. Topical Spironolactone 5% for Men and Women: Read More...

Anybody with recommendations on how to get rid of this minoxidil-induced dandruff

Discussion in 'Dealing with Side Effects' started by BigTexasSexy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. BigTexasSexy

BigTexasSexy Member

Dislikes Received:
    BESIDES NIZORAL, are there any oils I can topically apply routinely to counteract this dandruff buildup..?

Thanks

2. saja2148

saja2148 Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had minoxidil dandruff before but never have that problem anymore once I started washing my hair every morning and night.

3. Mikazz

Mikazz Member

Dislikes Received:
    Don't use the basic rogaine or kirkland formula. Some solutions merged with azelaic acid won't give dandruff. I used to have dandruff with rogaine/kirkland minoxidil and I never experienced this problem again after switching to lipogaine/minoxidil max.

4. Bob the man

Bob the man New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I had this dandruff problem using minoxidil. I think it is not dandruff, actually it is just a flakey build up of the dried minoxidil. I use a small stiff brush on my scalp whilst shampoo my hair. no more problem : )

5. rclark

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's easy.

Use Minoxidil foam, twice a day. The glycerol is what usually gives dandruff.

The foam was designed to prevent that.