Any updates on Hair Multiplication?

morarc

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about hair cloning in a while, anyone know anything about this...

I am a norwood 3 and progressing, I been thinking of getting a hair transplant but then again I dont want to scar my head. If hair cloning is coming a long in a few years I wont bother with at hair transplant unless its like 10 years from now...

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Check out Intercytex web site. The UK company is doing well and government pumped more money in last month.

Recon 2008 at earliest for release but will be expensive to start and a big waiting list i'm sure. Results will probably vary to start too.

Opinions seem to think you would still need a transplant for hairline though.

This will happen just hope its as soon as possible....I think most of us would pay whatever it takes if they can get our hair back to when we were teenagers....we just have to keep this thought to keep us going..

skywalker6

Reaction score
Clinical trials in New york city

Aderans research is doing a clinical trial cell based hair restoration in new york city.
(1-800-480-1641)

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I called that number recently, the only thing is I saw that I should not be taking chronic medications, are anti-depressants chronic medications?

G

DaSand said:
I called that number recently, the only thing is I saw that I should not be taking chronic medications, are anti-depressants chronic medications?

Yes, rules me out as well.......

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Just deny it. I always deny that I'm smoking whenever I'm asked at any medical exams.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with Apoc. It makes sense if the drug is one that might help their along, but antidepressants do not help fight hair loss.

I wonder if they meant to say that you should not be taking chronic medication for the treatment of hair loss. But I would just deny it if you want to participate. Don't slip by giving them your doctor's info.

I hope they get enough participants for their trial, and to hear about their progress later next year, too.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't take my anti-depressant pills to combat hair loss. It sucks if I cannot particpate because of it.

I don't think I'd be able to because of school in January. I hope Intercytex doesn't require the same thing for their Phase III trials. I might participate in that in case they do some in the US.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know this will sound geeky, but taking chronic hair loss drugs will just make the results of their trial less accurate.
Anyway i am preety sure they run some blood tests before they accept you as a valid canditate, and i mean, a simple blood test can show if you are on propecia, i am preety sure even minoxidil!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound geeky at all. In fact, maybe you read it too fast, but we are saying the same thing. We were saying antidepressants should be allowed for participants of the study, since they don't play a role in hair loss, at leat not a positive role. I read somewhere that hair loss can be a side effect of some antidepressants.

So yeah, certainly it is best NOT to use propecia or rogaine during a study for a separate hair loss treatment. But for them to rule out those who use antidepressants, I don't agree with that. But I'm no doctor, either.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, if Intercytex or Aderans does trials in the middle of 2008, I'll ask if I can participate since I'll be done with school by then.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Just call the number and ask. I was going to, but I wasn't sure if I could do it with school starting in late January.

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be excellent having members from this forum participating in the trial.
However, would some sort of non-disclosure agreement prevent would-be participants here from sharing their results as they progress in the trials?

nomen

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be so positive. Not that i would like to break the happy mood but havent they(intercytex) done phase II studies before and failed? Whats diffrent this time?
By the way for your consideration: Phase II studies is the most critical phase, this is where most studies fail!!!
I would like to have those positive thoughts aswell, but to me, it seems a little bit too good to be true...and if they fail I will not be as dissapointed!

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
They have done Phase II trials for other products if that's what you mean nomen but not for TRC. Yes, there is a chance it might not work as good in the beginning or not at all. Kemp said he sees this as a treatment that would progress over time in an interview.

They grew hair on 5 of 7 patients for Phase I, they weren't testing it to see if it grew a full head, but rather to see if it's safe and no issues have come up yet and no tumors which is a good thing.

Visit hairsite.com's message board on HM, there is some new news there. I go there for updates.

If HM doesn't work out, Aderans is starting Phase I next year. It will come around 2010 at the earliest. Curis also has their Hedgehog program. The future looks promising. We should be lucky to live in this time instead of having this crap in the 80's or 90's.

Harry the Hippo

Reaction score
I agree

It sucks to loose hair, but baldness will be wiped out sooner than later. Just enjoy the next few years and look forward to the future options of hair care.

No reason not to be optimistic.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm as optimistic as heck for this and Curis to come out, nice to know I'll around late 20's/early 30s when I get it all of my hair back.