any success stories from diffuse thinners????????

Reaction score
i think i am a diffuse thinner(too early to tell becuase of my continue use of finasteride) but lately i have been seeing hairs of all shapes(mostly thin). i lose about 5 hairs when i sleep and about 8-10 during showering. mostly likely i am a diffuse thinner. been taking finasteride the real stuff and the generic and recently added copper peptides. i was alos considering min. anyways if there are any success stories from diffuse thinners, i would like to hear about it.

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
Too early for me to call my progress a success story, but I am a diffuse thinner and I am getting regrowth. You can read all about it at my story.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
im in month 9/10, and i have mild diffuse....propecia seems to be maintaining at the very least....my hair doesnt look as bad when its wet....then again this could be because its longer than ive had it in years.... :freaked:

English

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes new guy, see my pics in 'Need help to post .....' topic. !!! have had great results after one year.

flipflopet

Reaction score
uhhh, ok... I knew something was wrong, I remember reading how ppl were loosing around 10 hairs during a shower and I thought what the hell, doesnt that make sense for it to be normal?.. Considering you would be loosing 100hairs or so a day.

Im 19 yrs old, been loosing for a year. After reading this I finally have to post.

During the last month and a bit ive beet loosing more per wash. Now between the time I wash my hair and style it I collect around 150-200 hairs!!!. No joke.. I counted... Basically coming out in clumps of up to 5-12 sometimes. FU*KED UP!! 8-10 Hairs big deal!!

AND to make it worse, it only hit me today that I must be going through a shed. What the fu*k am i supposed to do? This wasnt happening when I started treatment 8months ago... Ive stopped using min twice a day and started using 2% nizoral rather than 1? could these be the reasons?

Sorry to post here, but it is kinda related...

I DONT THINK PPL WHO LOOSE even 30 hairs in the shower should be complaining.

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
flipflopet,

you are right about the amount of hairs...
check out my story

UnReal27

Reaction score
flipflopet said:
During the last month and a bit ive beet loosing more per wash. Now between the time I wash my hair and style it I collect around 150-200 hairs!!!. No joke.. I counted... Basically coming out in clumps of up to 5-12 sometimes. FU*KED UP!! 8-10 Hairs big deal!!

AND to make it worse, it only hit me today that I must be going through a shed. What the fu*k am i supposed to do? This wasnt happening when I started treatment 8months ago... Ive stopped using min twice a day and started using 2% nizoral rather than 1? could these be the reasons?

Did you stop using minoxidil. altogether, or have just been using it once a day? If you quit it altogether, this might be one of the reasons for your increased hair loss. I'm a diffuse thinner, and religiously apply 5% minoxidil twice daily. During the first 2 months I was devastated since it seemed like I was losing even more hair than before treatment. But it's been over 3 months now and seems like the pain in the *** minoxidil is paying off. I see growth around my temples and sides and a slight increase in overall density. I can't wait until they come up with an easier and less time consuming application of these topicals!!

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UnReal

dont u use anything else apart from minoxidil?

i dont think people should solely use minoxidil if they are serious about keeping their hair, as it doesnt stop the dht chemical reaction taking place in the scalp does it?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
before i shaved my hair to a 0.5/1, i was losing looooads of hairs every day. now when i aplly minoxidil and i am rubbing my scalp no hair comes off my head. cant find a single hair on my hands. its wierd.