any succes-stories without finasteride?

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly i have to quit finasteride because of side-effects,
anyone wanna share a successtory without finasteride? (besides our HairLossTalk.com-moderator)

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
science-jay said:
anyone wanna share a successtory without finasteride? (besides our HairLossTalk.com-moderator)

Does Dutasteride counts? :D

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
IDOASIS said:
science-jay said:

Does Dutasteride counts? :D

no it doesn't...

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went from NW4 to NW2 just using rogaine between 1999-2001. results receded in 2002. stopped rogaine in 2003 because of irritation. Went to NW6 in 2004. Got back on treatments with finasteride.

Morale of the story: If you don't use anti androgen or proxiphen to address male pattern baldness, the sucess you get is temporary.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no kidding there. I was NW2 only in 2001. Slowly went to NW4 or more in 2003. stopped min and went to NW6 in 2004. Started treatments on July 2004.
I was not taking pictures because of I was stupid. I had hairs on the front and didn't even realize I was going seriously bald untill too late. (Had long hairs).
Clearly I am a NW5 now and my sister says (after seeing my after 2 years) that I have grown hair compared to early 2004. I reckon I should have been at least Nw6.

minoxidil is giving wrong impression if you are a great responder. You can grow more hairs and become bald suddenly as we are not addressing the issue of male pattern baldness /DHT.

G

techprof said:
Morale of the story: If you don't use anti androgen or proxiphen to address male pattern baldness, the sucess you get is temporary.

Are you saying that if I use Propecia & Rogaine combo I will only get temporary results ?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
goodguy, the results with propecia & rogaine combo are likely to be more stable than the results with minoxidil alone because propecia addresses the issue of dht. minoxidil does not do anything against dht or the baldness. it just gives temporary sprout of growth. if baldness/dht is sufficiently addressed by propecia, then minoxidil is likely to give results for a long time.