any hair pieces for receeding hairlines

joe45

Reaction score
is there any hair pieces for guys with receeding hairlines. i have a norwood 3. i have hair in the crown, but my hairline in the front is receeding and its pretty noticeable.
is there a hair piece or something i can use. i used rogiane for 1 yr and nothing much, i grew some hairs but nothing really.
if so wheree can u buy these hairlines for receeding hair and how much are they. are they any good. easy to use, can ppl detect em

amsch

Reaction score
Hair piece should be your last weapon.

How old are you? Ever thought about getting on propecia and get a hair transplant? There are many skilled hairline surgeons out there!

CCS

Reaction score
joe45 said:
is there any hair pieces for guys with receeding hairlines. i have a norwood 3. i have hair in the crown, but my hairline in the front is receeding and its pretty noticeable.
is there a hair piece or something i can use. i used rogiane for 1 yr and nothing much, i grew some hairs but nothing really.
if so wheree can u buy these hairlines for receeding hair and how much are they. are they any good. easy to use, can ppl detect em

They are called front partials, and cost about 1/2 or 1/3 as much as toppers. I hope you are not diffuse, so making a super template won't be too complicated. You can still make an OK template even if you are diffuse, though it is a pain. If you are just a receder, draw a line where you want your hair line and temples to be. then get some thin scotch tape, and one strip at a time, cover the area above the hair line up to your natural hair. Then criss cross with more tape, and then again for 3x thickness. Draw the hairline on it again. Peal it off, cut off the excess, and put tape on the sticky side so only the smooth stuff is on the outside of the final template. Pick a hair direction and base type, cut a hair sample from your hair, and mail it in to one of the only places. They should have it back to you in a month or so depending on the place. Front partials are the easiest to apply because you can see what you are doing, and no one suspects a front partial. They all look for full wigs and toppers, and when they see your realistic top and sides they won't believe they are wigs.

CCS

Reaction score
And get on propecia. It works in front too. Without propecia, your sides might thin. Thin sides mean you can't use a thick peice or it won't look right.