Any feedback from Rogaine 5% users ...PLZ

faysals

Reaction score
Hi guys

Can anyone who uses rogaine 5% alone gives his feedback about it . I

just want to know about the following:-

How much time u can see the benenfit ?

Is there any side effect noticed ?

After a period of use can u reduce the application to one time a day, or even once each every other day ?

I am 39 years old and i still have some hair but it is getting less , did rogaine 5% help someone who is in my age?

How much regrowth do I expect from rogaine ?

notice guys I'll not be using any capsules .

Thank u

reyn

Reaction score
faysals,

From the experiences of people whom I know in real life (as opposed to online acquantainces) I would say that Minoxodil 5% takes about 3 to 4 months to show hair regrowth. The single biggest side effect (for me) is scalp irritation and itching. Other problems are the greasy look it creates since Rogaine (and its generic equivalents) take some time to dry. It is best if you used it twice a day - and when you stop using it any new growth you gained will be lost. How much regrowth you can expect varies (you may want to read up some of the clinical reports posted on this and other sites). Your age is not a problem - I have a colleague who is 52 and gained some hair growth with Rogaine. However you are best served by taking Rogaine (or any Minoxidid 5% equivalent) along with Finasteride. Good luck.

faysals

Reaction score
Reyn,

Thank u for ur reply, from ur experience is it possible after 4 or 6 months ( if i gain some growth or let's say a good regrowth ) to reduce the application to once a day .

thank

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As said, results are expected after 4-5 months of use. I would recommend that you use it twice a day for one year so that you can see the final result and then you can go down to one application a day. I would also recommend the version with retin-A for bedtime. It really enhances the regrowth. You can finasteride this version at http://www.xandrox.com.
I don't suffer from any side effect. Not irritation nor itching.

Good luck

reyn

Reaction score
faysals, why do you want to reduce the dose to once a day? Are you having severe scalp itch? If so try using a shampoo designed to reduce scalp itch. I use T/Gel and it helps a little. If you are concerned about the cost, you can buy generic Minoxilil 5% (if you are in the US, Costco sells their Kirkland brand of Minoxodil 5%) at a much lower price. If you are not having a severe scalp itch I would not recommend a lowered dose. In fact in my case I used to apply minoxidil 5% once a day for over a year (I was too lazy and forgetful to apply it in the evening). I think it helped somewhat, but I think I should have started off using minoxidil twice a day. If the scalp irritation becomes bad, it is fine to reduce the usage to once a day for a few days.

faysals

Reaction score
Thank u guys

Reyn, it doesn't matter about the cost but i just want to know if it possible if I reduce the dose in future ( after I use it for 4 or 6 months ) .

u know if it is one time a day it will be easy for use . I have red in non commercial hair loss site that the side effects in a long range use is not known so at least if u use it for a sex months with 2 times a day and then switch to one time dose u will reduce side effects in the future .

one thing for u guys Reyn and eliazush how much regrowth did u get from rogaine .

thank u

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
faysals, from what I understand, it is ok to reduce to 1x application of minoxidil after one year. This is what I'm currently planning on doing.

faysals

Reaction score
Thanks Packers and oni

Packers,

Can u plz tell me about ur expereince with rogaine 5%, did u get benifit and how much that benifit.

Oni,

I don't want to take talets for entire of my life, I saw some young people taking dutasteride and propecia which is too early for them and the side effects from these medicines in the long range is not known .

What I understand from my doctor that some people got affected on their livers. When u go through site ( http://www.propecia.com) they are saying that only 2% of the users have sexual side effects. I saw so many guys in this site telling that they have sexual problems since they start using it .

I prefer to use something topical which is less dangerous .

Thank u

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Faysals, I'd love to tell you about my experience with Rogaine but I can't, I just started applying it last week. So far, I've been applying it once a night to get used to it. I'll continue doing this for a few more days before moving up to twice a day. After a year or so, I'll bump it back down to once a day. So far, Rogaine makes my scalp tingle and itch like hell after I apply it. It seems to go away after a while though. I don't have much else to tell you about it though.

Also, I noticed you said you don't want to take any pills (propecia). I understand your concern, I also share the same concerns. However, Rogaine alone won't do much for you because it won't block DHT. Have you considered trying Propecia at a reduced dosage? I'm also planning to take this route. Good luck!

sriks_13

Reaction score
reddish scar

I have also started rogine recently, but I see some reddish scar on the head after I started using, do any of you have this issue. Will this go away after some time.

Thanks