anxiety?

HatGuy

Reaction score
Does rogaine cause anxiety, confusion, and depression? I am worried because I saw a couple of reports that it does.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
No man, it doesnt. Dont let your head get filled up with crap.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
ryan r said:

Lol another one of these fools who think that drugs don't cause no sides. I bet you think finasteride is 100% safe too?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
ryan r said:

Lol another one of these fools who think that drugs don't cause no sides. I bet you think finasteride is 100% safe too?

Lol another one of these f@gs who are worried about every little side and blow it all out of proportions...

No seriously...fill me in if you know more, but I never heard of that kind of sh*t caused by rogaine and I think that if you start to worry that it can be caused by rogaine that you will get it cuz your obessesed by it.

And your bet about finasteride, well then you just dont know me cuz ive posted my concerns on this forum about my usage of it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I don't hold no conversation with anyone who calls the other person "a f**" out of the blue. Learn some manners and try again.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatGuy said:
Does rogaine cause anxiety, confusion, and depression? I am worried because I saw a couple of reports that it does.
Have seen this about Finasteride but not minoxidil tbh. Most common effects of Rogaine are scalp irritation from the solution itself or feeling faint and puffiness in the face or round the eyes from the effects it has on lowering blood pressure.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Sorry I don't hold no conversation with anyone who calls the other person "a f*g" out of the blue. Learn some manners and try again.

omg says the guy who calls me a fool :bravo:

I wasnt even being serious like I said :shock:

HatGuy

Reaction score
Are you sure it doesn't? I swear I can feel a slight increase anxiety... or is it all just in my head?

HatGuy

Reaction score
finfighter said:
I am by no meens one to try to frighten others with unfounded side effects however, Minoxidil has been known to cause a minorty of users, heart palpatations among other cardiovascular side effects, such as blood pressure fluctuations, these symptoms could be described as a feeling of anxiety. I know from experiance, I quit minoxidil do to irregular heart beat (heart palpataions) this is a know side effect which is listed on the box.
How did you find out you had an irregular heart beat caused by minoxidil?

HatGuy

Reaction score
finfighter said:
I could physically feel it, it would come and go for the 4 months that I took minoxidil, when I quit minoxidil it no longer occured.
Yet you don't feel any anxiety effects with finasteride? I've heard really bad stuff about it.

HatGuy

Reaction score
I'm talking about the topical form and I'm pretty sure that it is used a lot these days. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Heart palpitations may be a side from minoxidil but has anyone ever researched heart palpitations?

From what I've researched, they are harmless and can occur at random points of anyone's life.

And now that we're having a heart palpitation converstion, tomorrow we'll see 18 topics with "I used minoxidil and now have heart palpitations."

It's all in the head.

HatGuy

Reaction score
I actually agree because I might have been feeling heart palpitations while on minoxidil. I stopped taking it and I think they are going away...

HatGuy

Reaction score
Any other opinions on this?...

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My personal experience with minoxidil sides is that I only experience them when I overdose. i.e. when I get greedy or over-zealous in an attempt to make up for a missed dose and administer 7 or 8 sprays in an application rather than the recommended 6. By doing so, I'm obviously going over the 1ml dose and risking side effects as the Regaine directions explain.

These sides consisted of rapid hearbeat, headaches and breathlessness, but I don't have any problems when I keep strictly to the 1ml dose AM and PM with 12hours in between.

Anyhow these sides are very minor compared to anything I experienced on Finasteride, and I personally would be much more likely to experience these cardiovascular sides than most people given that I have to cycle 7miles each day to get to and from my College. The worst I have had is breathlessness cycling up a steep hill, but this is only in the mornings when I have applied minoxidil 20mins beforehand.

Can't say I've suffered from depression or helplessness though, that seemed to be much more of a finasteride side effect.

Also I can safely say minoxidil has had 0 effect on my libido or erections, despite the idiotic Boots pharmacist telling me that it would have the same sides as finasteride :doh: I mean damn, I thought these people were supposed to be qualified??!! She should have been sacked for misleading me like that!

Ende

Reaction score
Primo said:
Also I can safely say minoxidil has had 0 effect on my libido or erections, despite the idiotic Boots pharmacist telling me that it would have the same sides as finasteride :doh: I mean damn, I thought these people were supposed to be qualified??!! She should have been sacked for misleading me like that!
Yeah, yeah. Doesn't beat me anyway; the derm who prescribed me propecia, said that minoxidil and finasteride was the same thing. The difference was that one of them was topical and available OTC, while the other was a pill which you needed prescription for. The only argument to chose the pill, was that it was easier to use. This is a derm with many, many years of experience. I knew it wasn't true, but I didn't give a sh*t. I was just happy he would give me the pills.

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i confirm i have palpitations/anxiety on rogaine 5% foam(not overdose but extensive massage).

dren4200

My Regimen
Reaction score

I was healthy for 52 years, eating a diet of mostly fruits/vegetables. I jog every day, participate in marathons and mud runs,have healthy teeth—not a single cavity since I was 30. I’ve always prided myself on my well-being. But top of head was starting to thin. I bought a 6-mo supply of Minoxidil Foam. One can supposedly represents a one month supply. I started 8/21/17 and have gone through four cans in just over two months, even though I follow the recommended half capful, twice a day. So I guess it would seem I’m taking too much.
My whole world turned upside down on 10/12/2017 when I woke up at 1am with a severe panic attack. My nose was stuffy but I’ve had stuffy noses many times before. However, in my mind I was suffocating and couldn’t sit still. Absolutely couldn’t lie down. I paced back and forth for hours. I finally rushed to emergency room and was given Lorazepam to stop the anxiety. It did. But i've been a wreck for three weeks. It's affected my job and life in general. I may have to go on a daily anxiety regiment.
I’m going to stop Minoxidil immediately to see if that is the cause. Please God. Please say that’s what is causing this.
I’ll post in near future with my update.

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience, high doses of minoxidil will definitely cause palpitations but they settle down the longer you're on it. It can definitely also cause puffy eyes and a saggy face.

Palpitations can create a sense of anxiety.

This is speaking from experience of taking up to 5 mg orally twice a day.

Topically will of course produce fewer side effects, but the same ones should theoretically be possible depending on your sensitivity.

dren4200

My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE: After three weeks of panic attacks and anxiety, i stopped Minoxidil on Saturday and over the course of four days, the intensity of the anxiety episodes lessened. By Wednesday I was given my mind and my life back. It has been now one week since i stopped taking it and i'm completely well. Thank you God. I was this close to getting on a daily anxiety medicine. Beware folks, consider whether it's worth it.