anxiety? | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Send Hellouser to 10th World Congress in Japan! Read More
Dismiss Notice
New : Hair Loss Treatment hits the market. Topical Spironolactone 5% for Men and Women: Read More...
Dismiss Notice
RepliCel: How Follicles are Revitalizing Hair Growth, and more... Read More

anxiety?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Side Effects' started by HatGuy, Jun 2, 2009.

1. HatGuy

HatGuy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Does rogaine cause anxiety, confusion, and depression? I am worried because I saw a couple of reports that it does.

2. ryan r

ryan r Member

Dislikes Received:
    No man, it doesnt. Dont let your head get filled up with crap.

3. ghg

ghg Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lol another one of these fools who think that drugs don't cause no sides. I bet you think finasteride is 100% safe too?

4. ryan r

ryan r Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lol another one of these f@gs who are worried about every little side and blow it all out of proportions...

No seriously...fill me in if you know more, but I never heard of that kind of shit caused by rogaine and I think that if you start to worry that it can be caused by rogaine that you will get it cuz your obessesed by it.

And your bet about finasteride, well then you just dont know me cuz ive posted my concerns on this forum about my usage of it.

5. ghg

ghg Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sorry I don't hold no conversation with anyone who calls the other person "a fag" out of the blue. Learn some manners and try again.

6. Nashville Hairline

Nashville Hairline Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have seen this about Finasteride but not minoxidil tbh. Most common effects of Rogaine are scalp irritation from the solution itself or feeling faint and puffiness in the face or round the eyes from the effects it has on lowering blood pressure.

7. ryan r

ryan r Member

Dislikes Received:

omg says the guy who calls me a fool :bravo:

I wasnt even being serious like I said :shock:

8. HatGuy

HatGuy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Are you sure it doesn't? I swear I can feel a slight increase anxiety... or is it all just in my head?

9. HatGuy

HatGuy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    How did you find out you had an irregular heart beat caused by minoxidil?

10. HatGuy

HatGuy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yet you don't feel any anxiety effects with finasteride? I've heard really bad stuff about it.

11. HatGuy

HatGuy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm talking about the topical form and I'm pretty sure that it is used a lot these days. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

12. AssignmentZero

Dislikes Received:
    Heart palpitations may be a side from minoxidil but has anyone ever researched heart palpitations?

From what I've researched, they are harmless and can occur at random points of anyone's life.

And now that we're having a heart palpitation converstion, tomorrow we'll see 18 topics with "I used minoxidil and now have heart palpitations."

It's all in the head.

13. HatGuy

HatGuy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I actually agree because I might have been feeling heart palpitations while on minoxidil. I stopped taking it and I think they are going away...

14. HatGuy

HatGuy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Any other opinions on this?...

15. Primo

Primo Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    My personal experience with minoxidil sides is that I only experience them when I overdose. i.e. when I get greedy or over-zealous in an attempt to make up for a missed dose and administer 7 or 8 sprays in an application rather than the recommended 6. By doing so, I'm obviously going over the 1ml dose and risking side effects as the Regaine directions explain.

These sides consisted of rapid hearbeat, headaches and breathlessness, but I don't have any problems when I keep strictly to the 1ml dose AM and PM with 12hours in between.

Anyhow these sides are very minor compared to anything I experienced on Finasteride, and I personally would be much more likely to experience these cardiovascular sides than most people given that I have to cycle 7miles each day to get to and from my College. The worst I have had is breathlessness cycling up a steep hill, but this is only in the mornings when I have applied minoxidil 20mins beforehand.

Can't say I've suffered from depression or helplessness though, that seemed to be much more of a finasteride side effect.

Also I can safely say minoxidil has had 0 effect on my libido or erections, despite the idiotic Boots pharmacist telling me that it would have the same sides as finasteride :doh: I mean damn, I thought these people were supposed to be qualified??!! She should have been sacked for misleading me like that!

16. Ende

Ende Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, yeah. Doesn't beat me anyway; the derm who prescribed me propecia, said that minoxidil and finasteride was the same thing. The difference was that one of them was topical and available OTC, while the other was a pill which you needed prescription for. The only argument to chose the pill, was that it was easier to use. This is a derm with many, many years of experience. I knew it wasn't true, but I didn't give a shit. I was just happy he would give me the pills.

17. Ilia

Ilia Junior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    i confirm i have palpitations/anxiety on rogaine 5% foam(not overdose but extensive massage).