Another Working out/ T-level ? dam it

G

I know that its been said that working out ith heavy weights can cuase t levels to rise>increasing hairloss rate.
But what about good old calesthenic (push-ups, sit upss etc.)
Will these raise t-levels?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything that strengthens you in the long run will, probably.

It's still a "working out"-activity; the only difference being that you are using your own body as a weight.

Axon

Reaction score
I work out 5 days a week, and I continue to maintain a constant hair count.

G

is it heavy lifting like strenght training, or do you go for the light lifting/toning approach. Im thinkin of startin light liftin to tone, and running for my whole body and to lower dht levels through aerobic exaustion? What you think Cassin, you seem to be a good case for it.

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems that everything that will make you look and feel good will cause hairloss.

what a load of tosh.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Just because testosterone levels rise, this does not necessarily mean that DHT levels rise as well.

DHT is made from testosterone by two enzymes. Even though testosterone may rise, your enzyme levels may stay the same, and DHT production may stay level as well.

Consider this... there are people who are losing their hair from male pattern baldness, and may have naturally low testosterone levels in their blood. How is this? Well, their bodies may have high levels of the DHT-creating enzymes, so that even a little testosterone is sufficient to incite hairloss for this particular person.

Then again, you may have a third person who has low testosterone, low DHT levels, but is losing his hair like crazy too. How could this happen? Well, maybe his hair's sensitivity to the effects of DHT is higher than ours.

Not everything in the hairloss process is perfectly correlated. There are lots of different pieces in motion, and it is fairly complex.

Axon

Reaction score
bartman654 said:
is it heavy lifting like strenght training, or do you go for the light lifting/toning approach. Im thinkin of startin light liftin to tone, and running for my whole body and to lower dht levels through aerobic exaustion? What you think Cassin, you seem to be a good case for it.

I don't fully understand your question, please rearticulate it.

At 6'1" and 180, I'm more akin to the male model build than the football player build. I lift heavy, but I've hit what I consider to be my genetic cap.

I also do a lot of cardio, 4 times a week. Gym asked me to teach a spinning class; while the poon would be nice, I find it too f*****g boring. Plus people would think I'm "teh h0m0z."

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im with Gardener on this....to many people think that if you workout ..jerk off(pfff) or whatever...youll automatically fuel your DHT..but i think this is all myth and we need to stick with what we know.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just checking in...

finished some gym work and just rubbed one out........aight ttyl!

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that there has been a lot of these myths touted as facts here lately? Is this site simply attracting new posters who are clueless, or what is going on?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
Am I the only one who thinks that there has been a lot of these myths touted as facts here lately?

Not at all.

mvpsoft said:
Is this site simply attracting new posters who are clueless, or what is going on?

It wouldn't be so bad if they were just clueless. Everyone has to learn from some point. The problem is that they are bringing in garbage and spreading it as though it is fact - that makes it very hard for any other newcomer to be able to distinguish fact from fiction.

Axon

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
Am I the only one who thinks that there has been a lot of these myths touted as facts here lately? Is this site simply attracting new posters who are clueless, or what is going on?

Paranoia is a powerful thing.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Damn, it's like fighting off the fucken Taliban. No wanky wanky... and in a month or so they'll be trying to tell us no sexy sexy, and that women should wear burqas lest we lose our hair from the hormonal rage within.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ill agree...these myths are getting out of control.....im glad we all agree that the golden shower doenst regrow hair..but jerking and gym in the same ballpark

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Damn, it's like fighting off the fucken Taliban. No wanky wanky... and in a month or so they'll be trying to tell us no sexy sexy, and that women should wear burqas lest we lose our hair from the hormonal rage within.

Not to mention that we should grow our beards out to insane lengths to balance the weight of a healthy head of hair before our scalps starts attacking our follicles.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard that if you mix donkey pooh with dog-piss you should be able to make a nice paste excellent for treating male pattern baldness. Just rub it on the scalp 4x a day.

This is NO myth! It's a fact!!!! :hairy:

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
lThe War Against DHT, where the enemy is always in sight, but choses to effect some rahter than others....but why??? 50,000,000 dollar reward if Dirty Hairy Trouble (DHT) The leader of DHT is found, dead or alive

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually I think that The Rock (not you, but the actor) has had a hair transplant. His hairline has receeded too much to be in that perfect condition.

All receders have uneven hairlines - not The Rock.

Anyone else noticed this?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blah. Don't work out. Get really really fat. That way it leaves me more of a chance to bang the hot chicks at your gym you go to.