Androgenetic Alopecia and seb derm question, plz

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of women with Seborrheic dermatitis or oily burning scalp seem to experience hair loss. Is this part of Androgenetic Alopecia or is this not the same since a lot of women with Androgenetic Alopecia don't have SD or oily scalp? Does SD inflammation cause hairfollicle damage? So many women are struggling with this like me, and we have no clue what's going on, doctors are not much of help, it's getting tiring. I'm trying to find answers but I cannot find a connection between SD and hairloss. All I found was that there could be hair loss in severe SD, which is a bunch of nonsense, my SD is not severe and still I'm noticing shedding, even my eyebrows and eyelashes . Maybe somebody on this site can help, since a lot of people here know more about hairloss then any derm or doctor I've met.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Fena2000,

There's no scientific evidence that Androgenetic Alopecia and Seborrheic Dermatitis have any correlation together. About having an oily burning scalp, yes, that can be Androgenetic Alopecia related. It's usually inflammation caused by Scalp DHT. Inflammation doesn't cause hair loss, but it's something you certainly don't want if you suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia, basically, it could potentially make it worse.

If you're only using Minoxidil to treat your hair loss, please I beg you, I strongly recommend to add a Ketoconazole shampoo into your regimen. Before I added Ketoconazole into my regimen, I had a super inflamed, itchy, and oily scalp from my aggressive Male Pattern Baldness. Using a Ketoconazole shampoo got rid of all those problems I was having with my scalp. It should do the same thing for you, especially that Ketoconazole has healthy properties in fighting hair loss.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Fena2000,

There's no scientific evidence that Androgenetic Alopecia and Seborrheic Dermatitis have any correlation together. About having an oily burning scalp, yes, that can be Androgenetic Alopecia related. It's usually inflammation caused by Scalp DHT. Inflammation doesn't cause hair loss, but it's something you certainly don't want if you suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia, basically, it could potentially make it worse.

If you're only using Minoxidil to treat your hair loss, please I beg you, I strongly recommend to add a Ketoconazole shampoo into your regimen. Before I added Ketoconazole into my regimen, I had a super inflamed, itchy, and oily scalp from my aggressive Male Pattern Baldness. Using a Ketoconazole shampoo got rid of all those problems I was having with my scalp. It should do the same thing for you, especially that Ketoconazole has healthy properties in fighting hair loss.

Thx for the advice Agustin. I'm using Tgel right now, is that ok too?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx for the advice Agustin. I'm using Tgel right now, is that ok too?

Don't use T/Gel, it's not good for your hair and scalp. I've used that shampoo before, it won't do anything to help hair loss. I recommend to discontinue T/Gel and acquire a Ketoconazole shampoo. Here is a list of shampoos that contain Ketoconazole that are readily available:

+Hair Surge
+Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo
+Nizoral
+Regenepure DR
+Revita

Out of all the ones that I listed, I recommend to get Regenepure DR, it's the only one out of the others that's formulated for daily use. I use it myself and have had excellent results from it.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't use T/Gel, it's not good for your hair and scalp. I've used that shampoo before, it won't do anything to help hair loss. I recommend to discontinue T/Gel and acquire a Ketoconazole shampoo. Here is a list of shampoos that contain Ketoconazole that are readily available:

+Hair Surge
+Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo
+Nizoral
+Regenepure DR
+Revita

Out of all the ones that I listed, I recommend to get Regenepure DR, it's the only one out of the others that's formulated for daily use. I use it myself and have had excellent results from it.

Who's that idiot with his jizz?
anyway, thx Agustin,I'm going to try regenepure too, see if I notice any improvements.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who's that idiot with his jizz?
anyway, thx Agustin,I'm going to try regenepure too, see if I notice any improvements.

Just some spammer, that post should get deleted soon, the account already got banned.

So yes, try Regenepure DR, and look forward to seeing improvements. :)