Am I a good candidate for FUE (pics)

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
been on these boards for about 3 or 4 years already...wow has time flied. Im 27 now..starting worrying about this sh*t when i was 22. Knock on wood, it has held steady for a long time...i never thought i would last a year when i first noticed fall out.

i was at first diagnosed with telogen effluvium after a car accident and blah blah...the incredible fallout rate ceased a few years back, and most of the hair grew back, but the caliber of the hair was not as thick as it was.

As it stands now, ive been on minoxidil for almost 3 years in september, and its pretty much maintaned everything the way it was when i first started after an initial amazing burst of rethickening that lasted about 2 years. i think the temples have gotten thinner though in recent times.

Like i said, im 27, been researching this stuff for years now and if i had the money(which at the current time i dont) im wondering how many grafts you guys think it would take to give me the hairline i want and if im a good candidate at this time.
I should mention that those temple angles kinda always been there...ive been letting my hair hang over them since as far back as i can remember. i have never liked my hair line, i have always been slightly insecure of it, and its gotten to the point now where im just plain old sick of not having a hairline that i feel would suit my facial structure a lot better.

Left Side:
temp5un9.jpg

Red line where i want the hairline slightly lowered, brown where i want the temples filled in:
temp4or4.jpg

Right side:
tempdw0.jpg

What I want filled in:
temp2xc2.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
Looks like your going a bit overboard with the filling!

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Looks like your going a bit overboard with the filling!

by closing the temple angles? i dont need a wall of hair...most people i notice dont have walls of hair but they do have those temples angles covered. even the ronaldo pic i posted, his hair isnt a wall of hair near his temples, its just "covered" and not bare if you know what im trying to say

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
most people i notice ......... have those temples angles covered.

You must not notice anybody over the age of 15 then. Go to a club, look around, half of the guys there will have your current hairline or worse recession, unless it's an under 18 club or something. I'd say maybe 15-20% tops have the hairline you created.

But if you're still dead set on a hair transplant go see Armani. He'll gladly transplant 2,500 FU's right where you want them for a scant $35k.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matt27 said:
JayB said:
most people i notice ......... have those temples angles covered.

You must not notice anybody over the age of 15 then. Go to a club, look around, half of the guys there will have your current hairline or worse recession, unless it's an under 18 club or something. I'd say maybe 15-20% tops have the hairline you created.

But if you're still dead set on a hair transplant go see Armani. He'll gladly transplant 2,500 FU's right where you want them for a scant $35k.
well i dont know where youre from, but here in the US, absolutely 95 percent of the men i see at bars have those temple angles covered.

35k to cover those angles? thats pretty expensive

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
matt, just because you wont believe me here are some pics of a bar i usually go to around where i live. I did not randomly select the best pictures...but i want you to check out the hairlines of every male in that place.

either i come from the part of the world where every man has a juvenile hairline, or most men just have nice hairlines in their 20s. Im going to put my money on the latter..

let me say i have no idea who these people are, they just came from the bars website

this is my "hair competition" so to speak and you wonder why my shitty hairline makes me insecure

look at every man in that place, find one instance of recession or a "mature" hairline:
temp11vd5.jpg

temp10ea4.jpg

temp9dg2.jpg

damn it must suck to be the only bald dude in the entire place in the background over there. even the other bald dude next to him seems to have a full head of hair.you can tell by his shadowing. my gosh man look at even the old dude in the very left corner...
temp6tu8.jpg

temp8ot1.jpg

I can go on and on, and the hair just keeps getting better on these guys. Please tell me where you live, so that I can move there and feel more comfortable..cause i mean seriously....i really believe most men retain no recession and for you to say otherwise is just a regurgitation of what hair transplant docs shove down your throat to justify not having the ability to give you a full hairline without risking future balding and depleting donor. theres no such thing as a friggin "modest adult hairline". not where im from at least.. i see 50 year olds at these places with better hairlines than me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think those pictures are pretty convincing. I think you definitely need to compete with all the men there. I think Armani will give you that LOOK you want. I am sure if you start fanning some money around those ladies, they will hover around you like bunch of flies on sh*t. They won't care how much hair you have. A word of advice, there is always going to be better looking guys than you with perfect genetics so don't feel you have to compete by putting yourself through a bunch of unnecessary surgeries. You just need to build up your confidence level so that you feel superior to all those men in the club. Just psych yourself into thinking your better than them and realize buying more hair is not necessarily going to buy you popularity with the women. Either you flash some money, or act like you own the place.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I think those pictures are pretty convincing. I think you definitely need to compete with all the men there. I think Armani will give you that LOOK you want. I am sure if you start fanning some money around those ladies, they will hover around you like bunch of flies on sh*t. They won't care how much hair you have. A word of advice, there is always going to be better looking guys than you with perfect genetics so don't feel you have to compete by putting yourself through a bunch of unnecessary surgeries. You just need to build up your confidence level so that you feel superior to all those men in the club. Just psych yourself into thinking your better than them and realize buying more hair is not necessarily going to buy you popularity with the women. Either you flash some money, or act like you own the place.
Part of it has to do with not wanting to stand out as the lone guy with the shitty hair genetics in a room full of hairline supermen.

The other, i would say 80 percent of it, stems from my own unhappiness with my hairline for far longer than losing hair. I have never liked my hairline. i have always had a problem with it as far back as being 13. I am just personally not happy with it. I dont like it and I never felt it gave my face a frame.

I dont get it... people have bad teeth their encouraged to get braces, people have a bad nose their encouraged to get a nose job, people have bad skin their encouraged to get on pro-active, people have bad bodies their encouraged to lose weight and work out.
Why should a person who has always been bothered by his hairline, even when he had a nice thick head of hair, be told to be a man...or compensate with money...or pretend in your mind that you own every place you hang out in..
why do we tell ourselves its good to better ourselves in every area possible with the exception of hair.

let me just get one thing straight, if there was unlimited donor..we wouldnt be having this convo right now about why i should settle for a hairline i find unappealing to my facial features would we.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I understand how you feel. We live in a superficial world where every male wants to look like a perfect genetically blessed male model. I would love to look like one myself. I think it would definitely be in your best interest to send your pictures to Armani and see what he has to say. We are not hair transplant doctors here and cannot determine if you are a good candidate. I would love to lower my hairline a little too and thicken it up with an Armani transplant. However, I know that is not going to change my look too drastically since my hair situation is not bad at all. I think you need to do what makes you happy and if its going to make you feel better having a NW1 hairline with closed temples then just do it. I just hope you don't end like CCS who had a hair transplant and is still not happy how he looks and is in a never ending quest to look like the next American Top Model. Good luck. Post your pics after you get one. I enjoy seeing before and after pics of hair transplant. It just makes me want one more but I finally come to my senses and realize its not going to get me any more attention from women than I do now.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering if people think that 27 is too young. i mean my hairline is still pretty much the same as it was when i first noticed hair loss almost 6 years ago. Its receded a little, but not too bad knock on wood.

IBM

Reaction score
What i hate in those discos clubs is unhumble people thinking they're great models and make those shitty poses. They think they're the best and piss on anyone everyday.

JayB how can you post and, even more sad, compete with those people in the photos?

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
Lots of young people in that club, looks like 18 and over with a LOT of early 20's. I live in southern California and go to places where the average age is closer to 28, but still a lot of early 20's but still even some 40 year old dudes. The place I was at last weekend looked nothing like any of those pictures. I swear one in every 3 guys had a receding hairline. But then again the average age was probably 30, which makes sense since at 30 3 in 10 males will have noticeable hair loss.

I personally don't want a juvenile hairline, and haven't had one since I was 12 or 13 anyway. I love my 22-24ish widows peak which will be the look I go for when I do decide to get a hair transplant. I am in my mid 30's now anyway so having a 12 year-old hairline doesn't really appeal to me anymore. I'm perfectly fine with a "mature" hairline as opposed to a juvenile one.

It's all personal preference, however, so do what you feel best with so long as it's medically safe and reasonable. I could go hog wild and get the 2,500 FU's Armani said I "needed" but instead will be going with the more modest ~800 Umar said I need to obtain the look I showed him. I might also throw in a couple hundred BH's to bring the sides forward......no need to waste perfectly good head hair in an area that will never be longer than 1-1.5 inches anyway right?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matt27 said:
Lots of young people in that club, looks like 18 and over with a LOT of early 20's. I live in southern California and go to places where the average age is closer to 28, but still a lot of early 20's but still even some 40 year old dudes. The place I was at last weekend looked nothing like any of those pictures. I swear one in every 3 guys had a receding hairline. But then again the average age was probably 30, which makes sense since at 30 3 in 10 males will have noticeable hair loss.

I personally don't want a juvenile hairline, and haven't had one since I was 12 or 13 anyway. I love my 22-24ish widows peak which will be the look I go for when I do decide to get a hair transplant. I am in my mid 30's now anyway so having a 12 year-old hairline doesn't really appeal to me anymore. I'm perfectly fine with a "mature" hairline as opposed to a juvenile one.

It's all personal preference, however, so do what you feel best with so long as it's medically safe and reasonable. I could go hog wild and get the 2,500 FU's Armani said I "needed" but instead will be going with the more modest ~800 Umar said I need to obtain the look I showed him. I might also throw in a couple hundred BH's to bring the sides forward......no need to waste perfectly good head hair in an area that will never be longer than 1-1.5 inches anyway right?
thats the thing, that place is 21 and over only. theres no such thing as teen nights at that place. all those guys in the pics are in their mid 20s. I know they look 18, thats the point im making. its the hairline they have but dont be fooled. All of them are well into post-college graduate age.

I dont know. Maybe instead of filling, i can just lower the hairline a bit so that its a solid hairline that meets the temple. when i put wax in my hair, the hairline by the temple looks shitty and see through. I just want a more solid hairline. Could you post pics Matt of the hairline you find aesthetically pleasing for a guy your age?

Wonko

Reaction score
the more you drink, the less you'll care. same goes for smoking. do that too.

Wonko

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
i'd say go for what you were going with, i think filling it would look great

don't be fooled by the over 21 -> a lot of those guys are prob 21-24, just judging from their faces.

also, styling your hair right makes a huge difference.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Who took those pics are they your own or are the on the clubs promotional website? If so then obviously they would have chosen pics containing only the best looking people, thats what nightclubs do.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Hey JayB. I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from man. I feel exactly the same way when im in clubs I feel inferior to the guys with straight hairlines they even look at you funny and so do the women. (No its not in our head). I just want a hairline like everyone else. Is that so wrong? I just want it straight (maybe a slight curve), but none of this "M" shape hairline business.

JayB ive been looking into the same kinda surgery as you (although my hairline is quite a bit worse than yours) but I think you should go for around 1000 FUE. 500 per temple just as a start. Just to fill in the thinning regions.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
no way I'd give up donor for a mature hairline

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Hey JayB. I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from man. I feel exactly the same way when im in clubs I feel inferior to the guys with straight hairlines they even look at you funny and so do the women. (No its not in our head). I just want a hairline like everyone else. Is that so wrong? I just want it straight (maybe a slight curve), but none of this "M" shape hairline business.

JayB ive been looking into the same kinda surgery as you (although my hairline is quite a bit worse than yours) but I think you should go for around 1000 FUE. 500 per temple just as a start. Just to fill in the thinning regions.

Yea its not so much the temple angles...if id dealt with those for 27 years, i can deal with those for a few more. I dont really mind the curve.. Its the lowering of the hairline that i want so that its solid and meets with the temples. i cant stand not being able to style my hairline, or when i do having it looks wierd and not full enough. i dont ever want it to start resembling a rooster hairline, where its like a real widows peak.

idk, im just afraid im too young to get that done