alternative regimen if not using propecia

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I've been using big 3 (Propecia/minoxidil/nizoral) for 1,5 year now. Propecia still gives me side effects end the total results for me are minor, so i wanna quit it. I'm thinking about introducing spironolactone or revivogen and/or tricomin, i don't wanna use them all 3 so what's the best combi when still using minoxidil? spironolactone & revivogen, spironolactone & tricomin, Revivogen & tricomin, spironolactone & tricomin or revivogen & spironolactone?

about Fluridil, i read the full text article (the only one published) and the research is legitimate, but the interpretation of the results are ridiculous. The baseline/place group that is used, truly differs from the treatment groups used, and they make false conclusions because they are comparing the groups as if they have the same baselines...not ok according to standard research protocol.

anyone opinion on this?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I just lost a long winded response to your post - so here's the short version -

fluridil first.

add tricomin for follicular health.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi Hair tommorow,

You would recommend Fluridil? Why not spironolactone or Revivogen?

based on studies, altough not directly done for male pattern baldness, spironolactone still makes more sense to me than Fluridil. Only 1, not very convincing, study is done with Fluridil, also the substance itself has still not been fully researched. spironolactone has been around for many years and used in different areas of medicine as an anti-androgen.

Are there many positive anekdotnal reports out there on Fluridil where i'm not aware of ????

please more info on Fluridil...

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: reply

science-jay said:
Hi Hair tommorow,

You would recommend Fluridil? Why not spironolactone or Revivogen?

please more info on Fluridil...

I was on both spironolactone 2% (10 months) and revivogen (8 months) - and placed a lot of hope in that combo. Initially - my hairloss stabilized on the spironolactone - but after a few months I started losing ground again. I think if you're very young, and your hairloss is in the NW2 range - you might be a good candidate for this combo - but they didn't pack the whollup this NW5A required - and I wasn't in a position to lose anymore - which is why I packed in the spironolactone and rev back on proscar.

Everyone seems to like the science behind Rev - but only a small % of forum posters seem to claim regrowth on it.

Pretty much the same w/ spironolactone.

I have never tried fluridil - but that product seems to get pretty good press from forum users. If I had to drop proscar today - I'd get on fluridil.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
science-jay said:
Hi there!

I've been using big 3 (Propecia/minoxidil/nizoral) for 1,5 year now. Propecia still gives me side effects end the total results for me are minor, so i wanna quit it. I'm thinking about introducing spironolactone or revivogen and/or tricomin, i don't wanna use them all 3 so what's the best combi when still using minoxidil? spironolactone & revivogen, spironolactone & tricomin, Revivogen & tricomin, spironolactone & tricomin or revivogen & spironolactone?

about Fluridil, i read the full text article (the only one published) and the research is legitimate, but the interpretation of the results are ridiculous. The baseline/place group that is used, truly differs from the treatment groups used, and they make false conclusions because they are comparing the groups as if they have the same baselines...not ok according to standard research protocol.

anyone opinion on this?
Heres my opinion onto what you should do. I'd go with the revivogen, spironolactone, and folligen. Yes, my opinion on Tricomin is that it causes alot of irritation, according to what I have read.
And yes continue the minoxidil. Fluridil? I don't know, I have never used it before. :)