Alopecia Support Group - A success

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
National Alopecia Support Group Event Report

Just wanted to let everyone know that Carol and I attended the local National Alopecia Areata event here in San Diego tonight, and it was a really good experience. They reserved a big golf course at a nearby Resort and we played night time glowrange golf. About 30 people showed up, and several hundred dollars was raised. Everyone was incredibly kind, helpful, and supportive of eachother.

Even though I don't suffer from AA, and Carol has pretty much recovered from it (http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/pgcarol.htm), it was still interesting to meet everyone and hear their stories.

We had the opportunity to meet Linda Zhang, the San Diego chapter support group leader, as well as several other men and women who have had to deal with the condition. Two people present had just lost their entire head of hair in the last year, one of them having lost it all in 6 week's flat. Just started one day and was completely gone in 6 weeks.Their lives had really changed because of it. Some were sad. Some were very happy, strong, and dealing with it well. All of them were great company.

I want to encourage all of you to show your faces if you live in one of the following cities, to help support the NAAF, buy tons of raffle tickets, and just be there for eachother. We're all suffering from hair loss in some fashion. If nothing else, you'll realize how lucky you are, and that can only help make your own day a little brighter. :)

This organization has poured literally millions of dollars into scientific research for hair loss, so they deserve our support. What they may discover may also help cure Male Pattern Baldness for good.

I know I've posted this before, but I wanted to give everyone firsthand feedback that it wasn't weird, wasn't awkward at all, and is worth going to. The following cities will be holding events this month. Please attend if you're able:

September 28
Hines Park Michigan
Walk/Run Athon, 10am - Noon, Contact: Linda Cauley lindacauley@aol.com

September 28
The 3rd annual Charlotte, NC Golf Tournament. Contact Rosa Dest for more details at rosampd@aol.com

There were others, but they've already occurred this month :)
For more information, you can read the article in our September Newsletter here:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/ ... le&sid=168

HairLossTalk.com