Age 24; Have I Avoided Genetic male pattern baldness?

abcdefg

Reaction score
nah I say right now your fine. Whether you get male pattern baldness good luck there you could start going bald next week or 20 years from now. Nobody knows its what keep life interesting right? Same goes for all of us.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say you're in the clear, but keep these pictures handy for 5-10 years from now, and check again. Still, I think you're a lucky one.

tox

Reaction score
No, but it hasn't started yet. I think you will be lucky enough to have your hairline intact most of your life. That doesn't mean you won't suffer from male pattern baldness, for example maybe you will be a diffuse thinner when you hit 35. Maybe not. I wouldn't worry about it though.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're good for now, but my hair was better than that at 24, and by 28 I was almost bald.

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good to me. No way to tell what this means for your chances of balding in the future. Mine was fine at 24, but then I started losing it at 25/26.

Baylad

Reaction score
check your photos when you were young under 10 , could be interesting to check the difference if there is any

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nah I say right now your fine. Whether you get male pattern baldness good luck there you could start going bald next week or 20 years from now. Nobody knows its what keep life interesting right? Same goes for all of us.

This. There are no rules for male pattern baldness. It could start when you're young or old, you could have an aggressive and quick hair loss or your hair could slowly recede over many years. My hair was even thicker then the OP's but like him I started to notice it wasn't quite as thick as it was sometime in my mid 20s. For years I was in denial that it was male pattern baldness because my hair loss has been very slow and non aggressive. It wasn't until I was 36 and a Norwood 2 that I had to accept my fate (or get on finasteride lol).